Thread: bad news!!!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy bad news!!!

took my sri 1.9 cdti off to a nationwide auto centre today and was told yes the bearings in the inlet manifold are shot and yes there is gunk in the inlet manifold and even yes your egr valve is sticking, however the car drives fine with just a little cough just before the turbo kicks in,

i explained that i was not hapy with how the car is driving and that it has lost quiet a bit of punch and power in the low range because of this,

result: no work will be carried out under your warranty as the car is still very driveable....

regardless of wether this problem is going to get any worse they dont care they wont authorise until the eml light is on and showing fault codes which i think is pure arrogance given that this problem has and will affect every single derv driver.

im absolutly gutted that ive braught a 10k car that has been nothing but issues since i got it,

booked in to vauxhall main dealers for tuesday and i have actually got to pay out.

has any one had any luck with getting vx to come down on price as after all its their fault for sending exhaust gasses and s.....t back into the inlet anyway.....

a single reply would be so apreciated

cheers louie!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    if its under warranty, faults have to be sorted out, drivable or not. i have been here and done it! i had lumpy acceleration on my mg zt when i bought that from a dealers which they refused to sort out....as first.

threaten them with trading standards, c.a.b etc. it took me a while and 2 final warning letters, state that if the problems are not sorted they will be taken to court, as they have a duty to honor the warranty, and its against the law not to honor a warranty as its a contract as such.

when the 2nd warning letter was sent off, 2 days later the car went off and had a new engine fitted.
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    erm.... just put the tuning box back on and did a good section on the m25 and the EML is on and car is now in limp mode so really they should have fixed it there n then, cos now ill be dumping the car outside their garage and posting the keys! in a way im kinda happy i have limp mode and eml on, took tuning box off and its still on their does any one know how to do this pedal test so as i can just make sure im getting the right fault code

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just done pedal test ive got ECN 207561 so guess i was right all along, i cant tell you how peed i am

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    what garage is it
    yur 20 mins drivefrom me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    nationwide auto centre give the one in Romford a try i used to send my company cars to them no probs at all with the service I got off them

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ilford high road, braught the car from a dealer vx warranty ran out they give me 3mths when i got it and only alow me to use nationwide auto centres

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea its just a pain in the rear having to keep shooting over their, i just took out an extended warranty on the net they will have to pay out with a main dealer i had enough of messing around with stupid garages, if that dont work ill take it to romford but now car is in limp mode its not even nice getting in it..

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    little update : i took the car to vauxhall in gants hill romford, they have done a diag on the car and it is swirl they have given me a print out of this, also they were kind enough to replace the cim while the were at it as my horn was not working properly but i could never be bothered to get it fixed so thats some improvements...... took car back to nationwide autocentre with the eml light on and the diag print out and invoice, well there going to replace the inlet and actuator on warranty!!! hooraah just another week or so without a car but hey ive spend 60 quid total!

WIN

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    nice one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast