Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hazards keep coming on

Hi

Bought a mk4 2004 SRI last weekend, since have noticed a couple of times during the week the hazards were on, never heard the alarm (car's parked on street 10 feet from where I am sat in the house so I figure I would have heard it) pushing the unlock button on the remote clears it. Today they have been going a bit haywire. In the last hour they have come on 3 times Again, no alarm. (Battery now disconnected)

Have been doing a bit of digging on here and I believe (please correct if I am wrong!) that the alarm LED should stay solid for 10 seconds when you lock it or if there is an alarm fault it will flash straight away, which is what its doing.

Closest thing I can find is Power Sounder batteries on the way out but can a faulty Power Sounder cause the hazards to trigger without actually sounding the alarm?

If anyone has any ideas i would appreciate them!

Cheers Simon

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome Simon

I suspect your car has a alarm fault som the previous owner disconected the siren to shut it up. The hazard light would then mean it's flashing fast to say that it's not detecting the siren

Have a look at our how-to here and confirm if the sirens unplugged or not
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Autosparks. Sods law my torx set is at work so am stuck till tomorrow now.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, still no further forward, Siren is connected, had it in to local garage who put it on a Tech2. Only fault codes found were for EGR valve.....Typically they need my alarm security code to go any further which I dont have and the nice people at Vauxhall wont give me it until the log book comes back in my name so for now am driving round with my mate booster pack in the boot to get it going when the Hazards have flattened the battery....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    New twist! Just spent about 2 hours cleaning the car, had a <quite loud> cd on for about 90 mins of this with the engin off. Gone to start it and it wont even turn over, stuck the freshly charged booster pack on and it still isn't turning over enough to catch...as i was taking the booster pack off I noticed a bad fart/rotten eggs smell coming from the battery so am left wondering if a duff battery could be causing the hazard issue??? Anyone ever seen this before?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    It could do but constantly discharging the battery isn't good for it so it may have given up now
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason