Thread: astra mk4 factory cd player (cleaning?)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra mk4 factory cd player (cleaning?)

My (factory) cd player sometimes read cd sometimes no, i get error 1 i think or 0 i dont know exactly, would it be wise to put in it lens cleaning disc, i was thinking on this one
    did someone had similar experience? Will it harm lens, what do you think?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    shouldn't harm the lens, but from experience, these do bugger all, i find opening it up and cleaning the lens direct is more affective but only if you know what your doing, failing that theres plenty of CDR500 knocking around cheap
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    today i bouth that cleaning cd, but this one was for cd-rom, but probably the same one is for this, and , NO it did not helped me, my friend gaved me one of his original cd's and that one was actualy playing in my Delco CDR 500, only those home burned cd's are very very very hard to read, im thinking of removing my head unit and cleaining it by my self, but will it have protection after i plug it back in ? If it does, what code do i enter, how can i see my code if it is coded (and probably is, i think it shows CODE on start)
    I'm not sure about buying factroy cd-players since most of them are used and coded and probably experience same problem as my does since who would replace them if they are working perfect (i know someone would, but there is not much people like those), does Opel/Vauxhall repair factory cd players and how much do they pay for that?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    people normaly upgrade them and sell them as they want better sound, not everyones out to con people, as for the code, it will be on the car pass in your hand book, if you dont have that then the chances are it will require the code, how ever the code can be disabled but only with the code lol, as for repairs, i doubt vauxhall will repair it, you would have to take it to a car radio shop and ask, but it will probably work out cheaper to buy a aftermaket head unit
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    also if it wont read coys, tyr recording them slower? it may work
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The best discs i found so far are Verbatim CD-R, these are the only ones that my CD-Changer will read.

As said above burn at a slower speed i normally burn at 4x

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had a cdr500 off someone on here a year or so ago as i wanted my zaf standard was cheap and worked fine so i wouldnt worry about buying another as said before most people on here take them out to upgrade as a first mod so they just go in the cuboard to be forgotten about
    Heading back to the world of AOC

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Actualy i did burned my cd at speed 4x, it was 25 minutes of waiting and...NOTHING. Lucky for me i have car pass, i will try to clean my head unit one day, at least i dont have to worry about thief's with factory HU. Next i will try do buy some expencive cd, since these ones i have are MAXELL and costed 15 or 10 cents per cd

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok, one day i desided to clean my cd manualy, and i tought to go and check is my cd coded so that i know should i disconnect it, so i took my "car pass" and went to my car, typed code, and WTF???? My delco is coded with other code (someone probably decoded it and coded with his own code) so i typed it again....and again.....and again, so i have something like 7 tries left... So i cant clean it, i cant disconnect it becouse it will remain coded and ask me to enter code, whitch i dont have, dam