Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cap off Astra Mk4 EGR valve?

Hi

I've got a mk4 1.6 z16xe & have been having warm start problems, stuttering when accelerating hard.

The emissions light has recently come on & I got error code 0400 which is EGR malfunction. I have disconnected the battery to reset the emissions light & it has not come back on yet!

I've read all the posts about cleaning the EGR or replacing it but just wondering about getting it capped off, my local dealer will cap it off for £57.

Is capping off a good idea? Why does the car have an EGR valve if you can cap it off? Just wondering if it impacts performance & mpg?

Thanks
    Adam

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam75 View Post
    Hi
    Is capping off a good idea? Why does the car have an EGR valve if you can cap it off? Just wondering if it impacts performance & mpg?
    To make Vauxhall seem 'Eco' and to make all the tree huggers happy. Its a POS in practise.

I blanked mine off, performance and mpg have improved if anything, though not by much.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get someone to update the Software with Tech2, there are 2 options, one with EGR one without for the Z16XE.

Once you've installed the EGR less software you can remove and blank the EGR valve.

EGR mixes exhasut gas with air to lower combustion temperatures, mainly to reduce oxides of nitrogen being produced.
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.