Thread: how do i Immobilze mk4 astra gsi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how do i Immobilze mk4 astra gsi

how do i Immobilze mk4 astra gsi i have found out the there cars go missing all the time is there any think i can do without opening the bonnet and pulling leads off and spending loads on alarm

thanx mikeyb78
    sold the gsi and got a 2008 sri mk5 now in black

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    it has a immobilizer?
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right on the mk4s there is an imobilizer chip inside the key, without that the car wont start

so... to imobilize your car, take your keys with you, TADAAAA!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Right on the mk4s there is an imobilizer chip inside the key, without that the car wont start

so... to imobilize your car, take your keys with you, TADAAAA!!
    or, If you're clever (or a car thief) and and know how to bypass the transponder ring you can start it without the key. Dont tell me it cant be done because I did it to start my zlet up when I was doing my conversion and at the time I didnt have a transponder ring or chip anywhere near the car. It doesnt matter how advanced your security is. There will always be some way around it and the mk4 astra system isnt exactly rocket science to bypass

If you want something then hide a switch somewhere that cuts off power completely to the ignition/ecu/fuel pump. That will soon stop the car from going anywhere. Still doenst protect you if someone decides to drag it onto a tow truck one night tho

:edit:. What you do need to remember though, starting one isnt a 2 second job. You need to smash all the pastic off around the steering wheel and then there are a fair few wires that need to be crossed before the ignition will come on and a fair bit of fiddling to get it to think the key is turned to get the starter motor to turn over. And on top of that if you want it to turn there is the steering lock to crack off which I cant imagine being the easiest of tasks

What about a steering lock or one of those things that clamp the gear stick in place. From experience the gear stick locks take a long time to get off. It took me a good half hour with an angle grinder to get one off my mams old fiesta when she snapped the key in the lock.
    It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    or, If you're clever (or a car thief) and and know how to bypass the transponder ring you can start it without the key. Dont tell me it cant be done because I did it to start my zlet up when I was doing my conversion and at the time I didnt have a transponder ring or chip anywhere near the car. It doesnt matter how advanced your security is. There will always be some way around it and the mk4 astra system isnt exactly rocket science to bypass

If you want something then hide a switch somewhere that cuts off power completely to the ignition/ecu/fuel pump. That will soon stop the car from going anywhere. Still doenst protect you if someone decides to drag it onto a tow truck one night tho
    you want 4 of these in the ground where you park and 4 big chains and padlocks

Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rizo View Post
    you want 4 of these in the ground where you park and 4 big chains and padlocks

That would work
    It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That would work
    it would, but you gotta remember to take all 4 off and dont kurb you wheel on them lol
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    park it in a locked garage!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

:edit:. What you do need to remember though, starting one isnt a 2 second job. You need to smash all the pastic off around the steering wheel and then there are a fair few wires that need to be crossed before the ignition will come on and a fair bit of fiddling to get it to think the key is turned to get the starter motor to turn over. And on top of that if you want it to turn there is the steering lock to crack off which I cant imagine being the easiest of tasks

What about a steering lock or one of those things that clamp the gear stick in place. From experience the gear stick locks take a long time to get off. It took me a good half hour with an angle grinder to get one off my mams old fiesta when she snapped the key in the lock.

good job you put that bit in there

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what about taking a wheel off every time you leave it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast