Thread: 2.0 DI sportive engine management / limp mode intermittent

Status
    AOC Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2.0 DI sportive engine management / limp mode intermittent

Hello all, I am after a bit of a clue as to the problem my 2.0 DI sportive has just developed.
    I can be driving along as normal and the manament light will come on, when the light is on the van is gutless. the light can stay on for anything between 10 seconds and a few minutes. The light will then go off on its own and the van then drives as normal. The light may come back on 30 seconds to a few minutes later. I have cleaned up the EGR today but this hasn't made any difference. I am getting the van plugged in at weekend but just wondered if anyone has had this problem or can give me a push in the right direction before then..
    Cheers..
    Buy from AstraParts the much trusted Aoc supporting trader for used GM parts

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Best to get a reader on it which may narrow it down to a particular area of the engine control system, in the mean time a visual check on all your sensor plug attachments and wireing may be a good place to start and using some switch cleaner may help with the contacts, also check your vacuum lines for damage. I take it the air and fuel filter has been replaced recently. It still may be the EGR causing the problem as cleaning is not always a fix, if in doubt you should replace it.