Thread: zafira b 1.6 engine????

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

zafira b 1.6 engine????

hey guys am considering getting a zafira b but i only have about 7k i can get a low milage zaf b but with the the 1.6 engine in it i was just wondering what peoples opinions are i actully have a 1.6 sxi astra but i know the zafira is gonna be heaver lol any comments welcome cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd try and go for a 1.8 if I was you, the Zaf B is a little heavier than the A, and when you start loading the Zaf up with people and luggage, it will struggle. A friend of mine has a 1.6, and most of the time it's just his wife driving, and he says it's OK, but wishes he had bought the 1.8.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate, i had a 1.6 active,07 reg, very nice car nice drive,4 up she will be fine, any more and luggage and she will labour,i have 1 child and everything was fine.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well me and miss are hoping to have just one child so it will only be the 3 of us i just like all the space and the driving position.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well all i can say is get it, you will have no worries,we went camping in south france 85 mph all the way totally fully loaded!! perfect, the only reason i sold the car was that we might get a caravan, so i went for a 200bhp zafira gsi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wunt mind a 1.8 but i refuse to pay £129 for 6 months or £235 for a year so 1.6 it might be then cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got a 1.6 Zaf A, and on LPG too, so slightly less power than petrol. Yep it is a little underpowered, but it is acceptable. Just been on a jaunt this weekend fully loaded with huge roof box, bikes on back, kids and masses of clobber too. Sure there ain't much acceleration, but it will still cruise nicely on motorway at 70.

Ask yourself, do you want something fast and nippy, or do you want a cheap to run practical family car. If you want both, its gonna cost you.

That said, I believe the 1.8 may have slightly better fuel economy as its not pushed as much. Check it out, as I'm not 100% certain.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

owning a GSi....

Liam, mine has been converted to run on LPG. It runs a prinns system and will hit 35mpg at 60mph (or cost equivalent of around 60ish mpg) Yes the GSi costs alot to keep taxed but when you take the 'fun' into account I'm sure there are lots of us that dont mind the high tax bracket. plenty of GSi's to be snapped up on ebay and even allowing £2,000 for an LPG conversion I'm sure u'll get one and under the 7k bracket and I'm sure u'll be more than happy with one (even in standard trim)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liam-21 View Post
    i wunt mind a 1.8 but i refuse to pay £129 for 6 months or £235 for a year so 1.6 it might be then cheers
    I think the difference between the 1.6 and the GSi is £45, that's £3.75 a month ... not a lot really.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When it comes to lugging people and luggage about, diesels are where it's at. Unless you're prepared to take the economy hit and go for a big petrol.
    ☻☻☻ STAMPEDE CONVERSIONS ☻☻☻

Cruise control and trip computer activation, anti-hijack, diagnostics and LED conversions - West Yorkshire and nationwide