Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help on a coupe

Hi

I'm new to this site, been on a few others for a long time however thought id join here as its more about the car ive got now.

I have however got a slight problem. Yesterday i put some new wheels on my car, i have got 18's on it and upon taking the rear wheels off, i could see how bad condition my rear suspension is, and it explaines why it has been sitting lower. With the new wheels on it looks very close to my arch even tho the car is not lowered.

I would like to lower the car but dont know how to go about it as it sits really low anyway but that could be because the shocks are really old.

Othere than that, does anybody know what the biggest brakes i could put on the car to make it look a bit better, ideally drilled and groved however dont wanna spend the earth.

Car is a 2000 Astra Coupe.
    Wheels are 18's and are 8j with 225/35/18 tyres.

Any help would be grately appreciated

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Lowering the car is fairly straightforward and there are a lot of options avaialble in respect of springs and shocks, or if you want to go for coilovers there is a large budget range.

However, you may have clearance issues as the tyre width you have is not ideal for an Astra Mk4. The best width to have is 215. It depends on the offset of your new wheels too. See how you get on though.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I