Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Poorboys white diamond

Hey all.
    haven't got a machine yet so correction by hand is a bit difficult for me due to a permanently wrecked shoulder so i'm gonna get me some PB white diamond to fill some swirls i have on my 99 star silver 3dr. from what I've read it gives good results on light coloured paint. any tips or techniques on usin this? i also intend to do a few mates/family cars to get some cash for a machine so will it work on not so light colours? namely dark met green, met blue a la clio 182 which are 2 of the non light colours I'll be doin. I've a few LSPs such as 476s,fk1000, light fantastic and ag hd to finish with. any thoughts on these on top of white diamond? apologies for the long post
    WHAT? AH! NO, I LOST IT

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I would imagine this is the same as Poorboys Black hole, just aimed at light cars rather than dark? I have used Black hole and thought it was really good, better than AG SRP at filling swirls by hand. If white diamond is as good, your onto a winner for hand use IMO, although if most the cars your doing are dark, may as well get the black hole instead.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers, my car's the priority so i want whats best for mine. i just wanted to know if it would be any good on dark cars too. I've 4 light coloured cars on the list on top of the 2 darker ones. I've used srp and found it to be decent enough but i'd like to go to the next level before a machine.
    do i need to work wd in much? i know it's not just wipe on wipe off but should i work it like i would srp?
    WHAT? AH! NO, I LOST IT

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well its only a glaze not a polish, I found that it was just a case of applying it, leaving for a bit and buffing off. Don't know if thats the correct way, but it worked really well for me like that.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've applied glazes before in a similar way with good results but they weren't filler rich. I'll try a panel your way and also maybe work some in followed by a light wipe and see what looks best. what lsp do you finish with? i also have ex-p so i guess that should work well with wd.
    WHAT? AH! NO, I LOST IT

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think when I was using that by hand I was finishing with Pete's 53, before that I was using PB natty blue. Now using Dodo Blue Velvet which is the best out of those three IMO. Although Pete's 53 is very good, and I do still use it occasionally as got a bit left. Only problem is the smell is very strong and can be a bit sickly after a while

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that. haven't got any of those
    not sure the 476 would be a wise choice over white diamond as i fear the solvents may remove the fillers in it. perhaps someone will correct me on that. i like products with a nice smell, it's like you're givin the car a nice treat ;-)
    thanks again for your input.
    WHAT? AH! NO, I LOST IT