Thread: Mk 4 Astra-G, 1.7 Dti (Isuzu, DOHC version) ECU resetting and bracket removal

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mk 4 Astra-G, 1.7 Dti (Isuzu, DOHC version) ECU resetting and bracket removal

Hey all,

Following a P1125-5 error (Critical Malfunction System 1) and some reading up, it looks like the crankshaft sensor will be the first port of call.

However, before I got on that, was looking a lot like boost pressure sensor and EGR valve/sensor checks would be on the cards also.

One concern I have is that I've already removed the ECU, but just read that it will need resetting. Has anyone done this before? Would a Tech2 or Op-com system be able to do it...?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is no need to reset, just connect the thing back up making sure you get the plugs the right way round and it will be fine.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, was getting a bit worried there for a bit :S

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nah - no need to panic

ECU can be removed at ur leisure and no need to re-programme

i remove mine quite a lot - certainly disconnect it fully quite a bit too

but if ur paying attention to the EGR which u really should - its probs totally filthy, then as ur aware youll need to remove the ECU and all the bracketry, this however will take anything upto an hour to remove.

oh and have u actually looked for the crank sensor? if not, good luck! ive tried several times, in the end gave up and decided to remove the engine so i can fix a few other issues then replace it at the same time

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't looked for the crank sensor yet but JCastra here,
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh....php?p=1486001 gives a confident indication of the issue and where to locate it. Even though I'm a very inexperienced mechanic, between that and the Haynes manual, I should be ok. I have time and can use my dad's car to run around in meanwhile. When I'm doing it, will try to do a quick guide with pics (unless it turns out really easy) as this seems to be a recurring issue for a lot of DTi owners and begins effecting error codes that don't always relate directly... after consulting more experience users, can maybe even include the common codes that may be caused by this...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, ignore the previous version of this post. I completely missed one of the bolts on the bracket's mount... actually I somehow missed the mount altogether.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Hi All, I'm new to club, I'm a astravan owner with 1.7dti Isuzu engine, i've had to replace head gasket recently ,but during the strip down period ,some lite fingered toe rag has made off with my E.C.U.! I've got a S/H unit from scappy but not as simple as i thought! can anyone help? what's my next step? does it need main dealer reprogramming or ?? help would be great! thanx.:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if u have a new ECU - u will need the transponder ring that goes around the ignition barrel and the accompanying transponder chip for the key.... both must come from the same car as the ECU im afraid

Ideally if u can, you want to get it from a car with history, or a car pass which shows the immobiliser security code, this means in the future should u need to, you can make duplicate transponder keys to make life easier

without it, you are stuck and no way of making additional keys!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as a very very last resort you can just get the ecu and the transponder ring, any good autolocksmith can extract the code, it'll cost more than getting a full set-up, but if it's all you can get........