Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

racechip review?

Hi,
    Im interested in buying a chip for my 1.7cdti mk 5...just wanted to know if anyone has tried out this chip http://www.racechip.de ...seems to be the cheapest chip around.
    Thanks.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not seen them before, but just take into account that you tend to get what you pay for. a lot of users on here including myself are running the DTUK box and so far it has been faultless. aftercare is excellent and its good to know its a popular option.
    Mick

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Looks like you are getting the same reply on here and AON about going down the DTUK route.
    If you join and become a full member of either sites I am sure you will be able to get a good discount on the DTUK boxes.
    Hope this helps

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ye think the DTUK boxes r the way to go by the sound of it, just gotta start saving up :P...can anyone tell me how much of a difference this makes to fuel economy? original mpg to new mpg.
    Thanks!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would be very cautious about cheap chips. But at least the potential risk of money wastage is lower. DTUK chips seem to have a good track record amongst consumers, but in my honest opnion, a remap of your existing ECU is the best bet. If you go down this route, just make sure you get someone who really knows what they're doing. If you do, then you'll most likely get better gains than any chip.

If you're not sure about a remapper's capability or credential, installing the DTUK box would be the one to try.