Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uprated Clutch (Organic Clutch Vs Paddle Clutch)

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uprated Clutch (Organic Clutch Vs Paddle Clutch)

Opinions wanted please on the following....

When the time comes to uprate my clutch, what do people think is the best option?...

A few people on here have Courtney Sport Clutches and the likes from GMan, Regal etc.

What is the best type of clutch to have?.. Organic or Paddle??

Cheers peeps
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Paddle can be a bit fierce pulling away (judder at low revs), especially 4 pad ones.
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the uprated LUK clutches are just stronger prssure plates which defeats the object really as its the clutch face material that needs to be stronger as this is the weakest point, go for organic helix stuff or similar, im still running standard in my ACT with 288 bhp and its ok

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k.a.r.l View Post
    im still running standard in my ACT with 288 bhp and its ok
    I am still running the a standard clutch also Karl.... But I am thinking for when it finally goes, as I am sure the standard clutch won't deal with uprated torque forwever....

When and If your clutch finally decides to hang it up, are you going for an Organic Clutch?... I have seen a few on flea bay and wandered if they were any good?.
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello MrStush,

Apologies our phone call was cut short yesterday. The 5-paddle clutch that i have in mine was a nightmare when it was first fitted, but grips like you wouldn't believe! Initially, it is either engaged or not engaged, which can cause issues when in traffic. Over the following three months the clutch fully bedded in, and i now have about 10mm of play in the pedal before it is fully engaged. Once you get used to it at this stage it is fine.

My reason for buying this type of clutch, is due to the amount of labour involved to get the gearbox out, its not cheap! So, it was done with the intention of lasting me for the time i own the car.

Hope this helps
    FYTuning Ltd - Coming Soon

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    you can get a nice one off Gman
    thats going fine at 400bhp

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what sort of torque are you planning on making ?????? if your not aiming for sky high figures the helix organic clutch is good enough, if you need more and want to stay with an organic setup go with a SPEC stage 3 or a clutch masters stage 3 which are both rated for 440 ft/lb and around 500 bhp.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Luke, Danny and Tricky, I am not really looking to exceed the torque I have currently which is sitting at only 291 ft/lb which is plenty enough for at least now....... When and if the clutch finally gives, I just wanted to know what the best options are. Organic is what I initially thought and that is what I will probably steer towards... Thanks for the info and advice gents...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStush View Post
    I am still running the a standard clutch also Karl.... But I am thinking for when it finally goes, as I am sure the standard clutch won't deal with uprated torque forwever....

When and If your clutch finally decides to hang it up, are you going for an Organic Clutch?... I have seen a few on flea bay and wandered if they were any good?.

goin g for organic item prob helix but the price is mental

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Doesnt matter what BHP you got really.

I fitted a brand new standard clutch, 40mph 5th gear, foot down get to about 3,300rpm slips round to 5k. Due to it making around 350lb-ft torque.

Think im going to get a Helix organic next, i read about paddles and i like to shoot off the line fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast