Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astra pictures from Tuning World Bodensee.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra pictures from Tuning World Bodensee.

Well I have been away again. No suprises...... to Germany and I got to go to the Tuning World incl. Car and Sound Show in Friedrichshafen at Bodensee.

The show was actually very good if not a bit crowed. Some absolute cracking cars which I will post some pictures of in another post but this post is of some of the Astra's on show. I have posted the New shape astra's the Forum under this thread

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=257408

No comment from me some I like some I did not. Some the standard of work was something out of this world but there was some not so good moding ( as in standard).

Oh and a World first and something coming in the next month or so......

So on with the pictures.....

The Quality of the paintwork on this was top notch and some of the best I have seen in ages although not not the most intricate it was just really well done.

This was so so, some bit where nice others needed attention, although a work in progress I am told. Aren't all modded cars similar.

The object in the Exhaust was a mouse and there where fox toys on the dash, so a theme perhaps? But really nice alcantara triming in this car.

And lastly the world debut of a product (I had heard about this at the Coventry show as they debut one for the insignia along with the steering wheel controls there and it was mentioned to me about the astra one being debuted in Bodensee) due to market in the next 2 months from none other the one of the leaders in Aftermarket accessories Connects2....

An Replacement panel to fit and aftermarket Double din Headunit to the new astra along with steering wheel controls that retain full functionality. Now if you have the colour sat nav then sorry you cannot use this or the Steering wheel controls but if you have the standard radio help is at hand.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Keeps us all dreaming :P

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Astra J facia plate is interesting as I didn't think that would ever be possible with the heater control panel built into the stereo panel
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Astra J facia plate is interesting as I didn't think that would ever be possible with the heater control panel built into the stereo panel
    So did I, but it is fully working, if you go onto youtube i.e this link you can see just how well in the demo of the one in the insiginia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kik-Jd5MoVo

Oh as I menioned it only works in car that are non nav so ones with amber screens.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD View Post
    So did I, but it is fully working, if you go onto youtube i.e this link you can see just how well in the demo of the one in the insiginia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kik-Jd5MoVo

Oh as I menioned it only works in car that are non nav so ones with amber screens.
    Not disputing it working just wondering how the heck they get round the stereo and heater being in the same panel with no visiable way of seperating them. My guess will be that inside they are 2 seperate circuit boards so they will get taken apart and inserted into a new small one

Only time will tell though

Sorry for all this off topic stuff, you can tell what interests me most
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not disputing it working just wondering how the heck they get round the stereo and heater being in the same panel with no visiable way of seperating them. My guess will be that inside they are 2 seperate circuit boards so they will get taken apart and inserted into a new small one

Only time will tell though

Sorry for all this off topic stuff, you can tell what interests me most
    Not really sure Andy as I have not had the new Astra apart as yet, so I default to what you are saying. The link I posted more for people to have a look at how the interface works, but I had an interesting chat with the Connects2 people amongst others, with regards OEM integration, but not just for Vauxhall stuff, and I must admit some of the stuff I was shown has impressed me. Just a shame they are having to go this route, car audio is IMHO just that, car audio not car audio and airconditioning and light functionality and and.......... To much stuff going on if you ask me.

But I know what you mean when you say what interests you, if you see all the other pictures I took you would see mine are not dissimilar and a big part of the reason I was at the show.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the blue silver one is rank...............
    1.8 16v 99 T plate.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that last grey Mk5 has one mean ass front end. sweet.
    EUROPA BLUE COUPE

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the pics Basil! Hope you are well mate
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Stereos panel only goes around the heater controls, they are not connected together.
    Opel Astra 1.8 Elegance Saloon '02 233k miles
    Opel Astra 1.8 Sport Caravan '99 225k miles
    Opel Astra 1.6 Ultimate Wagon '10 87k miles Click

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast