Thread: battery / speedometer problem. HELP PLEASE

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

battery / speedometer problem. HELP PLEASE

hi, my mk5 57 has an intermittent problem. when driving it sometimes shows the red charge light and car/spanner light and the speedo stops working. then it will be ok again for a while then speedo stops working again. does anyone have any idea what it may be. thanks,
    also abs light on constantly,

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, this may be totally unrelated and but recently I purchased a used astra estate and the radio was not working, aparently it "needed a code". But after looking in behind it was obviously not connected, except to the battery. Anyways, the wires were there and simply needed connecting. All went well until the final two wires that had exactly the same colours. Tried connecting it one way, and it made my speedo stop working. connecting the other way and everything was fine. This may not be your problem, but it was a similar symptom.
    I had also read somewhere that the speedo stopping and the abs lights coming on may be an indication that your ECU may be faulty. Again, not too much help but something to help direct your research.
    Good luck!