Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Decent Birmingham Servicing?

Hi all,

The clutch on my 2005 Astra Turbo is very much on the way out, and I wondered if anyone knew, or had used a decent garage in the Bham area?

I've had a few wildly varying quotes, and some were so cheap it was ridiculous. Basically, I don't want to take my car somewhere I'm liable to get a rubbish service, or get ripped off.

I'm even tempted to buy an uprated clutch from somewhere like Courtenay, and get it fitted by a garage. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Neil

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Mate,

I think im going to look at how hard the clutch is to do and try it myself if not there was a place in Tysley that said if i bought the clutch they would do it for £160.

You can do the service yourself mate depending on what you were planning on getting done.

Cheers

Minty

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £160 labour? Thats pretty good, do you know whereabouts it is in Tyseley? I'm also tempted to try and fit it myself, but once you've bought the clutch centering tools, bleeding kit etc etc would you be saving that much cash by doing it yourself?

Yeah, I'm happy to service my car myself, and have done since I bought it a few years ago. I was just a little reluctant to leave my car with a potential bunch of cowboys! Its hard to find decent garages these days, or so it seems.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Same here mate, i hate leaving my car with anyone really. You could be right about costs once buying all the tools and thats why i was tempted to get it done there.

The place is called clutch junction, not sure how good they are and they are just up the road from the train station towards brum.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Excellent, thanks for that. I might get my old man to drop by and have a look at lunch, he works down that way.

On a side note, I just saw on Euro Car Parts that the DMF and clutch kit for a VXR is the same price as the one for my SRi, so it would seem rude not to upgrade. Might stop it from slipping in sixth too!