Thread: Tech 2 coding issues

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Tech 2 coding issues

Hi Guys Im a bit of a virgin to this forum but if anyone can help you guys can

I have a 59 plate Astra 5dr SRI (150) XP

Im upgrading from a cd30mp3 to a cd70 navi and at the same time getting a new stalk to fit cruise control

I just rang up the dealer and service department about geting the old radio divorced and the new radio coded and also the cruise control enabled.

His Reply "Errrr, dont know anything about that, Ring the techincal helpline"

I rung them and they said the car has clutch switch etc and can be reprogrammed and the radio would be a quick job

Rung Vauxhall again only to be told to bring in the step by step HOW TO guide for them??????

I surely should not ever have to tell them how to do there job should I. Im worried cause they have quoted me £89 per hour exc vat and if the idiots dont know what they are doing i can see it being costly.

So 1 Question does anyone have the how to idoits guide for the trained idiots at my local garage and 2. Any one here near dorset that knows what there doing want to hook me up. Im sure an auto tech somewhere know exactly how to do this stuff??

Help Please

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    stage 0ne
    Remove The Rubber Gaiter From Around The Indicator Stalk(on Mine This Was On The Left Hand Side,apparently They Can Be On The Right Aswell.although Never Heard Or Seen This).using A Small Allan Key Or Cocktail Stick,push In The Clip On The Underside Of The Stalk.this Should Release The Stalk With A Gentle Pull.push Your New Stalk Into Place And Refit The Rubber Gaiter On To The Ssteering Column Cover.
    stage Two
    Pull Up The Cover Underneath The Handbrake To Reveal The Management Plug.with The Ignition Off,plug In Tech 2 And Turn On.
    Go To Engine Ecu____diagnostics____variant Configuration____cruise Control.change This From Not Present To Present And Confirm With Program.
    stage Three
    Exit Back To The Main Ecu Choices Page And Go Into Body____cim(steering Control Module)_____programming______security Code Required(in Your Drivers Handbook Below Vin)_______cruise Control,change This From Not Present To Present And Confirm With Program.
    stage Four
    Go Back Again Into Body At The Main Ecu Choices Page____ipc/ecu(instrument Cluster Ecu)____programming____programme Variant Configuration____security Code Required(in Your Drivers Manual Below Vin)____cruise Control,change This From Not Present To Present And Confirm With Programme.You may need to change the country code which can be found below the ipc/ecu choices section.You will be prompted if this is required.
    stage Five
    Exit Out To The Main Menu And Turn Off Your Ignition.disconnect The Tech 2 And Refit The Cover(under Handbrake).
    stage Six
    Take For A Nice Road Test And Enjoy The Cruise Control.
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Low3sy! I hope this is easy enough for them to understand. I take it by your BHP youve had a remap done. Is it worth it?? Need to get the cd70 navi sorted first but has been toying with the remap for a few weeks. Still looking for a Tech 2 in dorset?? Anyone know of one

Cheers

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I aint rempped it mate, just fitted the dtuk eco 3 tuning box, a good buy when you can raise the funds. i paid £150 for mine on ebay,som there is like 12 settings, i have mine on 9 and got 200bhp on the rollers, some have reported 205-209 with it turned right up and half the price of a remap almost!!!
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ill have to have a look at that. I was told the remap would give between 190-205BHP but for £475 so a simple plug and play box seems alot better. Do you just whip it out for servicing? lol

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can do i suppose? my car has been in for 3 things under warreny now, fisrt time i took it of, 2nd time i forgot!! and when it went in the 3rd time one of the mechanics at vx was asking me what bhp im getting with the chip? i was a bit sheepish as the work being carried out didnt involve going under the bonnet!! i said how do you know about the chip, "oh i seen it on there last time you was in" he replied!! so.... my local vx are ok about it but i cant promise that all local stealerships will be ok about it!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Stealership told me that if i had it remapped then it would void the warranty completly and i only got it last december so i was a bit weiry. I wanted a 888 remap but they dont do them anymore as they are not affiliated with vauxhall but this box sounds like the dogs. Even now with the sports button on I struggle for traction when accelerating i can only imaging what it will be like with this box!!