Thread: Engine problems

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Engine problems

Hey guys i'm sure someone on here is gonna be able to give me the answer straight away but here is my problem.

I have a 2005 plate sri 150 and last week i started the car and for some reason it started really rough and splutted out some black smoke on start but then stopped.

Drove it around for about half an hour and it started making funny noises between 2000 revs and 2500 revs. It started knocking like hell as if it had no oil in. but it doesnt do it before 2000 revs or after 2500 revs.

I got home and left it for about 2 hours or so to cool down and i double checked the oil level to be on the safe side and its fine, no problems. Drove it again about an hour later and still did the same but then occured loss of power till it hit the 2500 revs when the knocking had stopped and it smoked badly.

The following day i cleaned the EGR valve, MAF sensro and MAP sensor and all was clean now. Found my swirl rod had been sat on its side for how long i dont know. I attached the rod again, tested it and the knocking had stopped and the 70% power had come back. but eventually it went back to its normal self again by knocking and power loss.

Today now i have used the car by not driving too hard to reduce risk of damage and now i am struggling with power through most revs

Any advice?????

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't drive the car untill the problem is solved. Serious engine damage is risked when driving car with engine that is "knocking like hell".

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know its not the engine thats knocking as its not knocking when its in neautral and i rev it, just when its driven, so its either something fallen off or loose and rattling or something