AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Flat Battery every morning !

Hello

Any advise welcome...

We have a V reg Diesal Astra 1999 model , every morning for the last 4 days the cars battery has been flat after being left overnight...We had the AA out who tested the battery after jumpstarting , and the report said `Good Battery` , so he left the car running and said thats all fine.....every morning since its been flat again , i have taken all internal lights out ,the boot light , and the glove box light , even went as far as not locking the car as thought there may be a fault with the immobiliser/central locking but still , again this morning , i was welcomed with my flat battery...jumpstarting every morning so far !

Just a note , the fob is attached to the barrel behind the steering column as the key got snapped , cant think this has anything to do with it mind as then in theory a car who`s immobiliser is playing up can be started by jumping it ?
    Any help welcome !

Dan

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate i had the same issue a while back and it was a bad earth from the battery, i was just loosing the charge all the time, £3.00 new earth lead and as been fine ever since. Hope yours is just the same HTH
    Lowry's 2.0 DTi Diary - The Story.....Ended
    Gone.....But will be back soon!!!!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Ideally your going to have to do a current drain test on the car with a multimeter, find out what the current drain is and then pull fuses until it goes. At least you can then work out whats on that circuit
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason