Well another day another update, decided to knuckle down and sort my petruding exhaust.
If anyone remembers this is what it looked like after first fitting it
Was going to cut it by 2 inches but after a trip to zebedey_89s house we completely striped the exhaust from the cat to backbox, I replaced the gasket on the backbox which, to be honest, was ****ed!! Then I took a wire brush and gave the cat pipe/centre section join a damn good cleaning. The funny bit is when I first put the centre section on I forgot to do this so the pipe wasn't on all the way, so after a bit of brute force and ignorance we managed to get the pipe on fully! So this is how it stands now.....
the blowing from the flexi has stopped, mainly due to it not being the flexi in the first place lol, so now that's sorted my car feels a lot better and no more jerkyness through the gears happy happy happy!!
Next thing to fix, handbrake cable and cable sleve as it's freyed to Greek buggery, probably due to when I ran over that brick a few months back lol!