Thread: Help Needed With Can Bus Adapter For Astra H

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help Needed With Can Bus Adapter For Astra H

I have just bought a Pioneer double din head unit to replace the factory fitted CD30 head unit in my Astra H but i have been told that there are two types of Can-Bus adapters that can be used one of them will only connect the steering wheel controls so that they can be used on the new head unit but the other one also connects the on board computer so that you can still see your average mileage, fuel consumtion, average speed and so on.

Is this correct?

Any help appreciated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sticky top of the page springs to mid but......

However told you that needs a quick sharp wack on the side of the head for spewing drivel. There is only one type of adapter Canbus adapter for the Pioneers made by a number of different companies. The part I always recommend is CTVX0002 and CTPIONEERLEAD from Connects2 as it allows you to still set the clock and date. This is not another type of adapter just an adpater with the additional fuinctionality of allowing you to set the time and date. And this is exclusive to connects2's adapters. (Apine's adapters for there radio's can also do this but they are made by Connects2 for them hence my comment)

Now as for the rubbish spewed by whoever, the trip computer etc will work regardless of if the headunit is in and whether you have an adapter or not. To use that you would just use your steering wheel controls to scroll about the trip computer.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks very much for the help and i will now go and buy the Can-BUS adapter you mentioned.

Are they easy enough and simple enough to fit?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes the fitting goes without saying.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD View Post
    Sticky top of the page springs to mid but......

Now as for the rubbish spewed by whoever, the trip computer etc will work regardless of if the headunit is in and whether you have an adapter or not. To use that you would just use your steering wheel controls to scroll about the trip computer.
    How do you do this? I've got a 58 plate Zafira. The steering wheel controls seem to have no effect on the trip computer, even if I press "BC" on the CD30 first. Do I have a different model that will lose trip computer if I change it out? Perhaps I've missed a few buttons. I only got the car today and the user handbook is in the post.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Basil is on about using the steering wheel controls to scroll through the settings for the trip computer, clock etc. At the moment you adjust these via the radio
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Basil is on about using the steering wheel controls to scroll through the settings for the trip computer, clock etc. At the moment you adjust these via the radio
    The problem was that it didn't seem to work on mine. However, I downloaded a PDF of my missing owner's handbook. This told me that I need to push the scroll wheel in to activate the trip computer controls. It now works fine without me needing to touch the audio unit.