Thread: lowering...costs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lowering...costs

looking to lower my 1.8 sri. Just trying to work out whats involved cost wise. Will stuff like tracking and camber have to be redone once the new springs are on. And how much should it cost me to get them fitted? Any help appreciated thanks Ben

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just springs should be OK on camber/tracking but worth having it checked anyhow.

Rears are easy to fit, fronts a little more involved. Expect to pay £100+ for a garage to fit all 4 corners.

You will have better handling/comfort with uprated shocks too, but your choice Obviously twice the labour costs if you do springs now and shocks in a few months, and should be little difference in costs to fit springs&shocks vs just springs.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was quoted £80 to fit coilovers while it's getting serviced as they are taking the brakes off anyway. As said springs or spring 'n' shocks should be about the same price wise for labour. £100 is probably a fair estimate.

You can pick up springs for about £100+, brand, drop, etc dependent.

Cheap coilovers such as Racelands and JOMs can be had for £150-£200.

Depending on budget and setup, will determine what you can get. There's alot of options. Some cheaper than others. Most will tell you, you get what you pay for. The JOMs seem have had some good reviews tho and you get a warranty with them from LMF, if you buy them from there.

-40 should be OK with camber/tracking but would recommend having it done anyway. Any lower and you really want to be getting the camber/tracking done at the same time. This can vary from anything to £100-150 depending on who does it. It's worth paying extra for because the cheaper one's seem to have a tendency to not do it right and you end up paying twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    i love tidy flaps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would reccommend getting the camber/tracking done after making any adjustments to suspension. I went through a set of front tyres in 6 months/6,000miles after fitting 30mm lowering springs and not getting tracking done. For the sake of 40 odd quid its worth getting done as tyres arent cheap!

Would also say get coilovers mate, i wish i had instead of getting springs. Only a little more expensive and gives much better performance.

On price, it cost me £120 to get my springs fitted, which was prolly a bit much and i shoulda shopped around but wanted them done there and then! lol.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i was just going to get springs but it looks like coilovers might be the sensible option. was looking at the ones on lmf for £200, have a 2 yr warranty, so don't look to bad.
    thanks for all the help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    would i need to buy adjustable drop links as well?