Thread: help unsure what induction kit?????

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help unsure what induction kit?????

been searching the forums and still confused on what induction kit to get,want the least amount of heat sock but also love to hear that great roar,also have the 2.2 sri would love to hear what kits you have and would recommend

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The standard airbox, (correctly modified) is capable of flowing enough air to produce 200bhp!

The standard air scoop is the BIGGEST restriction on the standard setup, this should be first part you replace with a vec c or dbilas item.

Next is the pipes inside the box itself, lastly should be the pipe that goes from the airbox to the throttle body itself, the standard one flattens off which restricts airflow.

I would avoid a using a normal cone filter as it draws in far too much hot air from inside the compartment, ive seen air temps exceeding 60c on a 15c day (using scan gauge)

If you want to spend your money (altering the airbox is FAR cheaper!) go for a enclosed filter such as a pipercross viper, bmc dia etc etc
    Astra Z22SE 200.8 Bhp

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've always heard good things about pipercross filters, my dad has one of their panels in his civic.
    i've also been a bit confused on this matter. the main reason i'd buy a cone is for the roar, but it'd be nice to get some power out of it too.
    i was thinking about an air duct connected to a dbilas-esque scoop (probably the one being sold on here) with a custom heatshield made out of aluminium.

essentially ending up with a semi enclosed kit (largely isolated from the rest of the engine bay) with a good cold air feed. hopefully should minimise heat soak, maximise cold air intake and get the best sound.