Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: X20XEV cam for z20let

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Markb's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,096
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question X20XEV cam for z20let

    I know this has been covered loads of times and I have found loads of usefull threads:

    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...=223798&page=2

    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...=195298&page=2


    Although can I just confirm that this cam comes from the later 2.0 Ecotec Engine? Also would it be OK to use a second hand one?

    Cheers

    Mark
    Polar Sea Blue MK4 Astra 5 Door

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    jafo666's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb View Post
    I know this has been covered loads of times and I have found loads of usefull threads:

    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...=223798&page=2

    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...=195298&page=2


    Although can I just confirm that this cam comes from the later 2.0 Ecotec Engine? Also would it be OK to use a second hand one?

    Cheers

    Mark
    Message Nyzrox he has loads! lol Then you know your getting the right one!


  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    BurrTony's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,152
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes but most come from knackerd engines so you need to be very careful about what you buy. Any damage to the journals will quickly wreck your head.

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    nyzrox's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,675
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jafo666 View Post
    Message Nyzrox he has loads! lol Then you know your getting the right one!
    You know it mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurrTony View Post
    Yes but most come from knackerd engines so you need to be very careful about what you buy. Any damage to the journals will quickly wreck your head.
    Seems my source isn't from knackered engines then is it, since I've ran 1 for 13 months, Jafo has one of my cams, another 1 of our buds.

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    BurrTony's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,152
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Gee I dont remember saying all second hand cams were knackered, are you feeling guilty about something?

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    nyzrox's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,675
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurrTony View Post
    Gee I dont remember saying all second hand cams were knackered, are you feeling guilty about something?
    Why would I feel guilty

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    BurrTony's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,152
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyzrox View Post
    Why would I feel guilty
    You seemed to be taking my comment of caution when buying second hand cams as a personal attack. It just sounded like you were very quick to defend your supply of cams, as tho you are used to dealing with negative comeback?

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    nyzrox's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,675
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No mate not at all. Like everything you buy second hand, you take caution.

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Markb's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,096
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK thanks for the comments.

    Going back to the question though which one should I be using? Also what is the going rate for one?
    Polar Sea Blue MK4 Astra 5 Door

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Markb's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,096
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bump up we go.
    Polar Sea Blue MK4 Astra 5 Door

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. x20xev to z20let help me
    By keskinli_ali in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-01-2011, 19:52
  2. Z20let - x20xev
    By Joereynolds89 in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 18:54
  3. X20XEV or Z20LET...
    By Toms1989 in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 00:39
  4. x20xev to z20let
    By *dannyboi* in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 08:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •