My May Bank Holiday has been busy. All for a good reason, but I currently ache and am rather tired.
When I purchased my house over 3 years ago, I got a garage. The roof was cr*p, it leaked, and as it was a flat corrugated galvanised steel roof, it gathered condensation on the inside which dripped onto the car, so it was rather damp inside.
It needed changing.
So with alot of preparation, the first thing was to move the LC out so we had room to work.
This is the first pic of all four cars together.
So onto the roof, this is how it was.
Then with a bit of work....
With all that off, the next step was to put this on instead.
We took a bit of time out for a spot of hangman.
A few thing measured up and the ridge beams were measured and cut.
Then on they went.
As there were thre of us doing this, we'd have been lost without these.
That's the Rafters up.
Onto the Plywood.
My temporary weather c**k
Last bit of plywood just been cut.
Bottom edge, cut to length.
The ridge was filled with expandable foam, just to be sure any gaps were gone, then trimmed ready for felting.
With the underlay done, the Top felt being layed.
While we were fitting the top roofing felt, i couldn't resist taking an arty picture.
Ste_goffy, actually smiling. (Top felt being fitted)
Huge thanks to Harvey and Ste, again for all their help
So it's not quite finished, the rear of the garage has very little room, so i've finished the rear end off today (between showers)
I'll update this thread as it's gets done.