Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hit and Run!!!

Hello guys,

i was going home on friday night from clifton to the A1 and some moron, just drove into me from the side, hard to explain, so i demonstrait it on the map, this is the exact place that it happened.

needless to mention, i was the red arrow, and the other guy/girl was the black arrow.

it was just after midnight and the guy didnt have his lights on because i only saw him once he drove to me.

and...

when he hit me, the left front tyre wouldnt steer and gearbox was broken, so i couldnt go after the *******, and it all happened too quickly for me to take his reg. all i know is that it was a Red, V reg Citroen Xara.

to be honest, im just glad that nothing bad happened, if we or him were going a bit faster, could have been much much worse, i had two other people on the car as well so thank God nobody was hurt, even slightly.

now thankfully, it wasnt my beloved astra, i was actually driving someone else's cal lol. police are still looking but i dont think they could find him.

but anyway, anyone in the northumberland + newcastle area please be on the look out for a damaged V reg, Red Citroen Xara, it should be damaged on the front end, to the left side of it, and probably some damage to the front left wing.

here are some pics. doesnt look too bad but this car is too crap to be repaird and i dunno what the owner wants to do with it :P

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear what happend. As you say it could be alot worse. Police proberly wont be able to do much with out the registration of the vehicle.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is really unlucky fella, glad you're ok though. It doesnt matter what car it was, whether its a ford or a vauxhall, its the principle of it. He hit you, then drove off, a crime has been committed. Though like stated above, unlikely the police will do much. Inless they find it torched somewhere, which is a possability, since it was driving without lights and may have been stolen
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry to hear what happened but glad every1 is ok and as for every1 being ok im sure all of u had some sort of neck and back pain :P there is a seperate policy the goverment put to 1 side for casses like this i had an accident with a non insured driver and got paid for my bike and injuries from this goverment fund we have to pay high tax insurence ect so may as well have your cut back from it :P