Thread: trigger wire

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry trigger wire

Right, been given the task of wiring up an alarm on my mates mk5, i have to put it in the central locking but unsure if its negative/positive or neg and pos?? my G was a negative.....

And is there not one wire for unlock and one for lock for all motors?, as i have temp wired it in and its only the passenger side thats locking and it won't even unlock.

I had no problems like this in my 'G'

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.
    NOW SOLD! Astra G 1.6 16V, 10000k HID kit, GSI Spoiler, Tinted windows, Coilovers,
    Aberdeen area diagnostics PM me.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    The only your your going to get it to lock and unlock all the doors is either direct motor pulse on all the doors at once but I doubt this will lock the boot or by pulsing the wire from the centre switch with a neg to lock and neg to unlock. Doing the 2nd option can get out of sync though being on the same wire

You think your having problems now wait until you try to wire up the indicators! It's the reason i'd only ever fit a canbus alarm to one of the Astra H's
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the reply Autosparks.

Hmmmm, i dunno whats the bet to do then, cause i noticed that they all must be single wired into the central locking control box, which i beleive is in the engine on these, so that will be a pain in the arse, might just do the second option and see how i get on....... What would happen when it was out of sync?? So if i was pulsing the seperate wires, would they be neg or pos trigger??

I done the indicators last nyt, they weren't a problem.

And another thing, how to remove the trim pannel on the A pillar with the airbags in it to insert the ultrasonics. disconnect the battery??

Cheers
    NOW SOLD! Astra G 1.6 16V, 10000k HID kit, GSI Spoiler, Tinted windows, Coilovers,

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    All the indicators flash then?

Locking if it went out of sync it will unlock when you switch the alarm on and lock when you switch it off. Direct motor pulse would be positive

To get the A pillars off the airbag tab pulls out but be careful as the top can break off. There's no need to disconect the battery to do this
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the help again fella.

Yup all the indicators flash.

I just wired all the locks through the lock/unlock switch and showed him what could happen with what you explained, he's happy enough.

however what could i wire the trigger wire up to, so the alarm knows that the doors have opened, as these things don't even have the door pins, and the problem is that the alarm is triggering itself obviously because it hasn't had any pulse from doors being opened, witch is a pain. The interior light seems good but its on a timer and not sure if i would get away with that?? i did on my car.

The guy said that he just wanted the ultrsonics on the dash at the corner down at the windscreen, so thats what he got haha

Cheers again matey,