Thread: Dead rear passenger door, 2004 MK5 HELP PLEASE!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dead rear passenger door, 2004 MK5 HELP PLEASE!

Hi all, I have the MK5 Astra Design 2004, recently the rear passenger door completely stopped working as in, the electric window stopped working, even when trying to operate from the drivers switch and the door does not lock with the rest of the car when using the fob (manually permanently locked for now ) I have bought a a refurbished window regulator off ebay for £80 and tried fitting it in an attempt to resolve the window problem, no joy, there is current going to the regulator so am stumped! any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pull back the rubber around the wiring loom at base of rear door to the front lower sill as best as poss as zafira b is common for approx 4 wires breaking there but semi touching to get a signal,but astra h uncommon,but worth a look
    "WHATS THE RETAIL ON ONE OF THOSE?" "MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD PAL . . . .888

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, just got off holiday and will do this during my lunch hour! Will let you know how it goes!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Butchered the rear door, checked the loom etc... no joy looks like it will be an costly affair any more suggestions?

thanks!