Thread: EGR Valve?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EGR Valve?

1.9 CDTi Astra (150), recently went in for its 2nd year service. After a day or two when pulling out at a T junction I put my foot down in first and it took two or three seconds for any power to pull the car. I thought it was a one off so carried on as usual but noticed that in all gears there seemed to be a very slight delay in acceleration. A few days later the same thing happened again when pulling out into the road. I rang Vauxhall(on Wednesday) and have booked the car in for Saturday (the earliest they could have it ). Last night I started up the car and as I went to reverse there was next to no power, I struggled to reverse the car out of the drive without stalling it. With my foot to floor in neutral the car doesn't get over 2000 RPM and is very jumpy. Does this sound like a EGR valve issue? Having read several other posts thats what I am presuming. But also, is there anything within a 2nd year service that could have triggered this? I have had the car for almost a year and I haven't had a single issue with the car until this point!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    UPDATE:

AA came out this morning as I thought I might aswell get them to check it out for me. I suggested that it may be the EGR valve. He did a diagnostics test on the car and couldn't find any error codes. In the end he removed the EGR valve and gave it a good clean. Car seems to be running fine now. Should I still take the car into the dealer and ask for it to be changed or am I best leaving it until it happens again?

Thanks