Thread: iphone 3gs.. whats the best way to go..?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

iphone 3gs.. whats the best way to go..?

Currently im on an O2 postpay tariff with a rolling contract, the phone i have is a Samsung tocco ultra which i bought myself. . . . At the minute my usage is about £20 - £25 per month... i really liked the phone at first but after a few months i got bored and wanted a replacement and just coped with the tocco untill a better one came along.

Which it has

with tesco doing a good deal on the iphone 3gs its got me in abit of a pickle..

I'd want the 16gb 3GS iphone as i have a ipod touch to save my music so wont need space for that.. but having looked through tesco mobiles tariffs.. i'd be able to get by on they're £20 per month contract.. BUT this makes the 16gb 3gs iphone £320 to buy from them. Yet, when i look on ebay the same phone is going about the same second hand with warrenty.

Which is where im stuck in a pickle.. Do i go for the tesco mobile 12month contract and pay £20 per month and £320 for the phone OR do i stay on my O2 contract (which im currently happy with) and carry on paying £20 - £25 per month for a wee bit more and pay a similar price for the phone second hand??

Help if much appreciated

Matt
    Rolling in a: 57 Astra 1.7 SRi CDTi with X-Pack in Black (135K Miles).
    61 Corsa 1.4 SRi With X-pack in Silver

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    isnt the 3GS £440 to buy pay as you go brand new with warrenty?

Why not wait a couple of months till the new iphone is released, you'll be able to pick one up cheaper then
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the ebay ones are as good as any with a warrenty......

stick with your current contract (maybe add unlimited data for £5) and buy the phone out right... when you contract ends go on a £20 simonly contract with web + wi-fi bolt on

plus then on simo you aint tied into a contract with them so you can cancel/upgradwe whenever you want

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as above, however you can get a simplicity deal that includes unlimited web and wifi

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity/iphone/1_month

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplic...hone/12_months

Tesco is the best deal overall if you're looking to change contracts. However if you can get a cheap enough handset, the simplicity route works out to be good value aswell.

(Tesco use 02 network architecture so essentially the same coverage)

The downside to simplicity is you won't get an upgrade included, where as you will have the option to upgrade with Tesco which will be handy when the 4G comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    i love tidy flaps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    cheers for the replys!!

Im on the o2 simplicity tarrif at the min with my samsung and its quite a good service they supply. Never had any problems or complaints with them to be fair.

I'll probably be best off waiting for the new iphone to come out by the looks of it and then grab one when the prices grab, then just have that untill i can upgrade to the 4g next year
    Rolling in a: 57 Astra 1.7 SRi CDTi with X-Pack in Black (135K Miles).
    61 Corsa 1.4 SRi With X-pack in Silver