Thread: Poker players

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Poker players

How many/who plays poker here? and whats your level am talking a couple a quid with mates here and there or full on i love it every saturday night am at aspers.

I'm the latter of them two and also get stuck right into my online poker aswell.

So discuss.
    I would wright something funny and clever but does anyone read these anyway

Status
    HID + LED Guru
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    me i'm a casual player.

now and again i go out to a local club for some tournaments, 10 pound entry so with 40 odd players your looking at 100- 200 win top end.

Not amazing but i play the cards well.

Steve
    Astra VXD
    rburgring - 10:55

Scottish Region

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    play every tuesday with about 6-8 players buy in £5 and usually a couple of people buy back in so its a decent pot. only been playing a couple of months but getting quite addicted to it lol

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im not too bad at it
    I play with my mates for fun most of the time sometimes when we all feeling flush we chip in a tenner, winner takes all, i have won a couple of times

Also im on facebook poker whenever im bored
    2002 Astra Coupe Bertone 1.8 16v= Sold

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im a beginner when it comes to poker but i have found that in the few games i have played with the boys i have been prone to the odd bluff or two....or have i!
    Arden Blue VXR+ O(obsessive)C(cleaning)D(disorder) = SHINY SHINY!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Started playing a few years back with mates when started Uni. Then since last year have continued playing (when I can) to win/earn enough money to fund myself through my final year of Uni. Haven't played for a few weeks now and am not going to until I've finished my finals. Won a few online tournaments scooping 4 figure sums and one live tournament. Prefer playing live cash and online sit 'n' goes.

When you play poker as your primary source of income the swings can be huge (sometimes up/down 3/4 figure sums in a week), but obviously this tries to be avoided. That is why I'm not playing now as I don't think I could focus enough while revising too.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It certainly is hard when you play for bigger money. I don'y play for my main income but i play with quite a bit of money and play very clever when it comes to my bankroll.

Its very important to just have poker money and play within that amount otherwise you could end up loseing everything.
    I would wright something funny and clever but does anyone read these anyway

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its very important to just have poker money and play within that amount otherwise you could end up loseing everything.
    For sure.

It's been quite a rollercoaster and fun sometimes and incredibly stressful at others. As you know having a 'bad run' when no matter how well you play the other player just gets lucky, is pretty soul destroying...especially when it concerns your primary income.

Poker has been a sort of a means to an end I think. I will occasionally play when I finish Uni, but I've worked so hard I just want to start my career now...infinitely safer and less stressful than poker I hope

Poker has evolved so much in the past few years, everyone is a 'pro' now, the standard is so much higher.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i play for pretend money on facebook, scared of playing for real as i have quite an addictive personality

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i play every wednesday at the local pub in a tournament called redtooth theres about 20 players turn up pay 10 each winner takes all plus i was pub champion last year and played in the regioanl finals came 23rd out of about 270 people