Thread: electric fault light

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

electric fault light

my spanner light has been on due to the crank sensor being faulty, this has now been replaced but the light is still on, does this mean there is another fault or does the light need resetting? if it needs resetting how do i do this?
    thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do the pedal test to see if the EML relates to this code

if so and the part has been replaced as u say, then it should go out over time

best off though, locate the ECU (next to the battery) and lever over the little metal levers and unplug the 2 big plugs - leave them disconnected for half hour or so and the light should be off

same as disconnecting battery but no need to worry about powersounder and resetting things like radio and auto windows etc.

another method is turning ignition on and off 20 times - allowing engine to self test with lights on 2nd click each time. easier and quicker than all other methods.

have a go at least.

if however u have a mate (or regional member) with access to opcom software they can rull a full diagnostics to make sure it is the crank sensor etc and clear all faults with the touch of a button.

HTH

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it isnt the EML that is on it is the electric fault light/imobillizer light, (car with spanner through it) the crank sensor fault didnt come up on a code reader, we replaced that as we ruled everything else out and it fixed the problem, there is no fault codes come up on a tech 2

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think youll find the car/spanner IS the EML

the other warning light that illuminates is the Emissions Light

it just so happens the immobiliser (when faulty or when wrong key used) uses this same EML

in this case however, if relating to the crank sensor - IS the EML

thats by the by though, try the reset procedures above though, but if it still dont go out it sounds like theres another fault present and trying to clear it as above, will just keep popping it back on until its fixed.

either get it back on tech2 or another diagnostics for full interrogation if ecu reset dont fix it

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh right i learn something new every day lol im new to astras, just moved from a corsa and the EML was the engine shaped light so thought this was the same

i will try to reset it, thank you