Thread: spitting oil again

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry spitting oil again

i had a new turbo fitted in feb by vauxhall as mine was blown, it was smoking and spitting oil out the dumpvalve. so i fitted the restrictor bolt on the new turbo and iv done 1700 miles on new turbo and its started spitting excessive amounts of oil out the dumpvalve again. am i right in saying the oil seals are blown again after just 1700 miles?! i hope to god its not. is vauxhalls work warrentied at all? coz im gonna be seriously pissed if turbos gone allready!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    of coarse they warrent it, if its broke, but i would take off that restrictor bolt b4 you take it back, as will give them the chance to void warrenty.
    if spitting oil out of dv, can i assume you have a baileys dv??
    if you have then the baileys are notorious for leaking

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah id take that off if its broke. so are you saying that it could just be that its spitting oil purely for the reason that i have a baileys dv? coz i would have thought that if it wasnt there then the oil would just be in the pipes an i would never know that the seals are possibly gone?. is it worth putting a forge dv on it an seeing if that leaks too? is there any other explanation other than the seals coz its only done 1700 miles an iv been looking after it warming it up, cooling it down and jus generally taking it easy.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    im assuming its a vxr turbo?? if it is tbh i dont know if they will warrent it as its not fitted to a vxr.
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as far as i know its not vxr as its on a z20let. i had all work done by a vauxhall mechanic including buying the turbo from them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I very much doubt the turbo has gone after that amount of milage, they should last until around 50k+, I would clean out all the pipes, intercooler etc (from the airfilter to the throttle body) and see how you go, also don't forget you will get a bit of oil in the air system due to the breather on the cam cover, what you could do is remove the pipe from the cam cover to the crossover and put a filter on it instead and block the hole on the crossover. Then there should be no or very little oil.
    But after all that you could just have been fitted a faulty turbo, depends how much oil you are actually getting!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had no problems with it for 1700 miles no oil or anything. and they flushed the engine coz it was all in intercooler and pipes from the previous turbo going. and i fitted the oil restictor mod so im hoping its not turbo after just 1700 miles. is that the thin pipe that connects underneath onto the crossover? how much oil are we talking coz it spits oil out every single time the dumpvalve goes off i would have thought that was a bit much for it to be normal

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Obviously it shouldn't be much, to be honest mate it will still be covered by warrenty so take it in, explain and let them sort it, but it sounds like a bit to much oil, you only get a tiny bit from the breather otherwise it wouldn't be there as all astras would have problems!
    Yes it is the one that connects to the crossover (just under)

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    they stopped zlet turbos ages ago mate, does it have DZ in yellow letters on the actuator? if so its a vxr unit.
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
    they stopped zlet turbos ages ago mate, does it have DZ in yellow letters on the actuator? if so its a vxr unit.
    yeah i looked into that on here about telling the diff between vxr and old unit coz mine says DY in yellow letters on the actuator not DZ and theres no mention of that anywhere on here last time i checked so im at a loss! any clues??

on the plus side it seems my panic may have been premature iv been work and back and checked it when got home an it seems to have stopped spitting oil jus dumps a bit slack now coz oils been in it.i guess may have been a bit too much oil in it, so im gonna do the oil catch tank an breather mod an but a collins dv on an hope to never see it again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast