Thread: Am I wrong?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Am I wrong?

I've been having a Problem with my Astra cutting out at low revs,not idling, rough idling, kangarooing, etc it seems like a pretty common problem.

Car has already had new Plugs, Leads, Oil change, and Lamda (?) Sensor. Which was done by my local garage and hasn't fixed the problem.
    The only thing which has not been done is cleaning the throttle body and ecr.
    Am I right in thinking that the EGR is circled in red in this photo?
    And am I right in thinking that the throttle body is the metal block directly underneath the circled part.
    Most of the guides I've found have had a plastic throttle body, and the egr directly under that. but since my engine looks like the one in the photo I'd like some advice.

If Possible I'd like to Clean the Throttle body and EGR myself and see if that solves the problem. Is it difficult for a person to do themselves.
    If I can't do it myself I'll take the car to my Vauxhaull garage at the end of the week but I really don't have too much money.
    My car is a (Y 2001) Reg Astra 1.6

Thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea the EGR is in the red circle. And the throtle body is the part in the pic above the vaux badge with the two pipes going into it. The part to left of the barcode

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK thanks.
    Do I need any special tools to remove the EGR and will cleaning it make a difference.
    Do I just use a wet cloth or do I need to use something like white spirit or WD40.
    For cleaning the throttle body can I just remove the large jubilee clip and reach inside or do I have to remove all the pipes. etc and lift the whole unit out.