Thread: Engine code for 1.6 Zaffy.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Engine code for 1.6 Zaffy.

Evening chaps, just after a little info if I may. A friend has asked me to help them with there car. Its a Zaffy 1.6 Life 04 plate. She said its jerking when in low gears and when accelerating. So that could be anything and no help what so ever. So to help my research I'm after the engine code Z/X16?? and if its possible to do the paperclip or the peddle test to get fault codes? Any help on this would be a great help, if it was a Vec C or a 2.2 then i'd be fine but unfortunately I have no experience with the 1.6 or the Zaffy.

Cheers

Steve

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Z16XE

Pedal test

most likely culprit - EGR valve

£65 for a genuine Delphi replacement - dont buy cheap ones!!!

expect to see 0400 code for EGR

replacement unit: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-EGR-V...item2eac787963

2 mins to replace..... whilst replacing it - disconnect ECU plugs so when refitted and back together again, ECU will have cleared the code etc

in the meantime, the usual throttle body and EGR cleaning with petrol is highly advisable - remove both and clean off the car - 10mins and sorted

HTH

PS: where u located? maybe a local member with diagnostic equipment can test the EGR and run live data if necessary to determine the cause of the problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    Z16XE

Pedal test

most likely culprit - EGR valve

£65 for a genuine Delphi replacement - dont buy cheap ones!!!

expect to see 0400 code for EGR

replacement unit: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-EGR-V...item2eac787963

2 mins to replace..... whilst replacing it - disconnect ECU plugs so when refitted and back together again, ECU will have cleared the code etc

in the meantime, the usual throttle body and EGR cleaning with petrol is highly advisable - remove both and clean off the car - 10mins and sorted

HTH

PS: where u located? maybe a local member with diagnostic equipment can test the EGR and run live data if necessary to determine the cause of the problem
    Spot on mate. I've blanked my EGR on the 2.2 so know my way around them. A good spring clean around all the items you've mentioned will be in order too. Hope it is something as simple as the EGR, but the peddle test should show up anything else.

Thanks again

Steve