Right ill keep this brief: Recently hit by a drunk driver who has been charged as he was 3 times over the limit at the time of the accident, i am contesting the accident being my fault as the police at the scene said it was clearly his fault, but the insurance company have said its mine as I pulled out of a junction regardless of it being safe to do and regardless of the fact he was drunk!

My question is the car has been declared a total loss and I’ve been offered £2200 by the insurance company which is crap I can’t go out and buy another car like mine is currently with all the added mods ive had done to it and the condition its in, Never having been in this situation before I am a little confused as the whole reason I went with Adrian Flux is they say on their website Declare all your mods. Make sure you tell us about all modifications to your vehicle, even if they don't enhance performance. Some mods might even reduce your premium. Most importantly, you will also get like-for-like “cover on all your upgrades, so you won't have to fork out again if you need to make a claim.” Which doesn’t seem to be the case with mine even though i declared all my mods?

Plus I am even more annoyed as I thought the whole reason for Adrian Flux was to do all the leg work but it’s been me on the phone to all the various people to get things sorted, and whenever i do manage to get through to AF i just feel like i am taking up there valuable time! This is very much unlike my last insurance company who were always fantastic and I shall most certainly be going back to them once this is all sorted out. Any advice on if I can contest the valuation of my car and how id go about it proving its worth more or any help in general would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance. Gavin