To buy FK/Depo angel eyes??
I only had them a short while before i got rid, but i want HIDs again. This time though, i'd only get them in projectors after the hassle last time. I know many have done it, but i'd not put them in standards again.
FK/Depo seem to be the one that gets recommended time and again. I've just searched eBay & it returned nothing.
Q1: Where do you buy?
That's the easy one done with.
With a bit of questioning, i got there with the wiring up in standard lights.
Q2: Is the wiring the same in angel eyes (i'm talking the H7)?
Q3: Do you still need the bulb holder to be modified? Or do they fit another way?
Alternatively, if they wire differently & someone has pics showing HOW they wire up, then a pic speaks a thousand words & all that
Q4: Also, where's this manual adjuster you need to switch over from you standard lights???
This is my passenger head light taken from within the bay, so the H7 is on the left of the pic there. What's this bit you take off these head lights to fit onto the FK ones?
Finally, the required bulbs if i've got this right:
standard H7s in angel eyes are pi$$ poor, so you need HIDS
standard everything else (main beam, side light, indicator) in angel eyes are perfectly fine?
2. Yes it will be plug and play
3.H7 fits direct in the headlight so the VX bulb holder won't be needed
4. The adjusters inside the headlight, vertically on the projector housing
5 main beam bulb is also H7, indicators the same and the side light is only the angel eye rings which come with bulbs anyway
Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
Electrical fault finding also taken on
Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason
1. Cheers. I was just searching FKs & Depo & nothing came back at all.
2. That makes it much easier in that case. I'm sure i read a while ago that there's a difference (other than the bulb holder) between angel eyes and standard HID fitments & that's why i originally opted for standards. I read that much though i've probably got mixed stories LoL
3. Do they secure well enough? I'm sure it was only a flimsy plastic bulb base i got with my HID kit. With that asked, the answer must obviously be of course they do
4. So i've got to take the headlight out to get the adjuster? No wonder i couldn't see it
4.b Is the adjuster easy to break when you're removing it? ( i have a tendency to break things)
5. If there's no sidelight bulb as such, then how are the angel eye rings powered? I'm assuming there's a lead from them which plugs into the sidelight socket? Or am i wrong?
That line of questioning was quicker & easier than usual. What's going on??
Got mine from these dudes - they were the cheapest when I was looking
..and yes they are RHD (and LHD too)
the adjuster is the grey/black box in the bottom centre of your photo (with the three wires coming off it)
I answered a few of your other q's in this thread - http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=248876
Cheers for the help
1st things 1st i should tackle the bumper coming off & putting back on methinks before i splash on some lights. Don't want to let my 'talent' have me fall at the first hurdle lol.