Thread: Z18XE performace manifold

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z18XE performace manifold

hi all im wanting to replace my standard manicat with a sports decat manifold but i cant seem to find one anywhere any ideas where i can find one and what it should sound like on my straight through car back exhaust system??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you cant get 4-2-1 manifolds for the 1.4 and 1.6 models, iv got one on my 1.4 but when having a look on ebay etc there isnt a 4-2-1 for the 1.8
    you can get a decat manifold but the design is crap so you wouldnt get any gain, if u did it would be very small!

also with a decat it will make your car abit louder, with my 4-2-1 n straight through it was crazy loud and super raspy and popped like hell but didnt sound that nice.

Heres a vid i took with my phone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cERr6fC_Bac

you can get a lexumal one but they cost alot! if i was you i would look at the inlet manifold you can get off ebay for the z18xe...its a rip off of the dibulas one but not sure on gains.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/corsa-C-perfor...ht_1794wt_1167

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the ebay decat manifold looks bad but a few people have said its good. i havent got one. was tring to get piper to make one for the z18xe but they havent replied to me for ages so imm guessing they dont want to do it. there are places that can build custom manifolds and they would be cheaper than the lexmaul but they wouls still be around the £600 mark. any way with a decat it will fail the mot

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ye thats another point, will fail the mot unless u have a mate that can overlook it lol

also you can really smell the gasses without the cat...I like it thought

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tbh i dont need to worry about MOT..ive seen some decat manifolds on ebay but there for the 1.4-1.6 and there only 200ish so i was thinking of spending the same on mine but like i said i cant find one anywhere

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    used to be on ebay. dont sell them anymore. only way is the lexmaul or a custom jobby