Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Confused about Sub connections.

Hey all.
    Grabbed a Clarion SRV202 sub for a tenner, not gonna be earth shattering I know, but all I want is a bit of boom on the cheap atm. Confused about the connections a little bit tho, as doesnt look like the back of any amp I've seen before.

The power connection (arrowed red) is a four pin plug, more like what I'm used to seeing inside my computer tbh. If all I'm doing there is running a feed from the battery, am I supposed to just split the cable or is it some fancy way of wiring them up thats gonna cost me at Halfrauds.

Second thingey. The inputs, input 1 is a six pin plug (again makes no sense to me), but input 2 (arrowed blue) is proper phonos, so am assuming I can just jack into them and job done.

Probably stupid questions, but first time I've attempted this and not good when your confused before you even start lol. If it makes any difference, '98 Astra G.

Thanks!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The 4 pin plug will carry your earth & power clonnections, & possibly your remote turn on. You should have got a connector with the sub. If not, you will have to try to get a wiring kit through Clarion spares.
    I looked to see if I could find a manual online, but couldn't find one.

As for the second question, yes you should be able to use the RCA inputs. The 6 pin connctor is probably for a speaker level connection.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Not the one I was hoping for tho, as getting a kit from Clarion sounds like a tonne of agro and expense.

From what your saying, could I not make a lead up. I can grab a 4pin plug off an old PSU. Then use trial and error with power and earth untill it works? Or am I likely to damage the thing, allthough should have that protection mode like all amps yeah?

Thanks again!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    DONT DO THAT.
    If you connect it up wrong you could very well blow it up.
    Connecting the power & earth wrong could cause the amp to damage power supply components or burn out circuits.

Without knowing the correct pin connections you can't make up a lead.

Protection mode on an amp is an entirely different thing, it's a circuit that will shut down an amp if there is a fault. It only works when the amp iswired correctly in the first place.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    haha am showing what a noob I am with Subs and Amps. Glad I checked!

I've dropped Clarion an email as couldnt find a manual or anything on their site either, but they might be nice and lemme have a wiring diagram. Grrr, nothing is ever easy is it?

Thanks again for the help, mate!