Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CD30 Mp3 mounting assembly

Hi.
    Yes it's another "i can't fit my aftermarket player thread".

And the reason why, is that Pioneer claims I have to remove the CD30 mp3 mounting assembly in order to fit the fascia and mounting bracket for the players mounting bracket.

They even sent me a little paper which show a picture of the cd30 mounting bracket and a screw to release it. The only problem is that my astra doesn't have a screw. Neither does it have a loose mounting bracket for the CD30. The whole thing is fused together and can't be taken apart.

I'm trying to fit a double din FH-80BT...

Any advise on how to go forward with this?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Never mind. I sorted it.

Was just me making an ass of myself.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Revox does the CD30 MP3 have any audio inputs on the unit? I have one fitted and want to add a glovebox dvd player and route the audio into the cars system.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraNet View Post
    Revox does the CD30 MP3 have any audio inputs on the unit? I have one fitted and want to add a glovebox dvd player and route the audio into the cars system.
    No it does'nt have a jack input or anything like that.
    But I have seen a guide somewhere one how to make an aux input to it through a mute adapter but I can't seem to find it again. Sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBDtrpsD4Rg

Take a look at that video. He obviously managed it.

Edit : the best option i would recomend is to buy a aftermarket 2-din player with fascia kit and CTSVX002AE remote adapter.

I installed an Pioneer FH-80BT and it works perfectly. It has an usb and 3.5mm on the back though but I used extension cables wich I put through a factory made hole in the glovebox.

The best thing about it is the sound quality improvement over the CD 30 MP3. The cd30 only puts out around 19watts compared to the 55watts from the pioneer. The difference is huge!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    The fact that says external in makes me think it's just running off the mono phone input that all these headunits have
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    The fact that says external in makes me think it's just running off the mono phone input that all these headunits have
    Yes most likely. And you don't wan't mono in!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got a CD30 MP3 and 3 lined display from ebay, (Range not working)

pls can some one help???

I have an astra h 1.7cdti 55reg with the cd30 and basic dispaly, the two lined one, i decided to upgraded to a cd30 mp3 with a 3 lined display.

I have boughted from ebay a cd30mp3 with display, it came out from a astra 2008 twin sport, the issue is with the trip computer, the range seems not work, it appears on the dispaly, but the problem is here it says to refuel the tank which i already have more then half of the tank on the car.
    so the range and miles per galon they seems not to work, how can i solve the problem??

if someone has had the same problem as i ve and managed to sort it out pls do shed some light in here.??

thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I take it you have not had the radio and display Tech2'ed into your car. If not you need to.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks, but i was told that it does not need a tech2, it is already programmed from the previous car, i got them both together.

the trip computer, shows everything on the screen, like range, trip distance, average speed, miles per galon, etc, but the problem is this that the range do not apper to work properly, on the screen its says like this!

!!!RANGE!!!
    Refuel

i have almost half a tank with fuel on my car, if i press BC then it appers like this

RANGE
    ---Miles

bear in mind the cd30 mp3 with the display came out from a 2008 astra and mine is 1.7cdti 3dr SXI 2005, does this make any difference.

anyone can help me out pls

thanks