Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Can the MAF earth mod be done without soldering? (x18xe1)

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    andrewdevlin86's Avatar
    AOC Lite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    959
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Can the MAF earth mod be done without soldering? (x18xe1)

    As above. Have MAF error code, have tried 2 MAFs and error is still present. I hear this can be down to crappy wiring and can be solved by re-earthing it. How is this done - there is no soldering involved is there? Thanks
    2000 1.8 CDX money guzzler a.k.a Bessie

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    andrewdevlin86's Avatar
    AOC Lite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    959
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody wise on this?
    2000 1.8 CDX money guzzler a.k.a Bessie

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Enigma ???'s Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdevlin86 View Post
    As above. Have MAF error code, have tried 2 MAFs and error is still present. I hear this can be down to crappy wiring and can be solved by re-earthing it. How is this done - there is no soldering involved is there? Thanks
    It's a solder job if you want it done properly and don't want to go back to it a year later
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    andrewdevlin86's Avatar
    AOC Lite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    959
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And how is it done please? Would love to see if it cures my problem
    2000 1.8 CDX money guzzler a.k.a Bessie

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Enigma ???'s Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdevlin86 View Post
    And how is it done please? Would love to see if it cures my problem
    you've got to split the loom that's under the boost pipe, it's three earths join together and some amalgamating tape over it their was some pis some where it is a known VX fix for MAF
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    andrewdevlin86's Avatar
    AOC Lite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    959
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's not a zlet matey, any idea on the old 1.8?
    2000 1.8 CDX money guzzler a.k.a Bessie

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    gowsa's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    remove connector on maf pull back plastic boot the yellow wire in there remove some of the plastic coating(do not cut wire)solder on a length of wire to it and attach to the alternator theer is a 13mm or half inch nut at the top of alternator so distance is around 200mm from maf to nut hope this helps

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    Glasgow_Stu's Avatar
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Drives
    Vectra VXR + Astra Coupe Turbo
    Location
    In a box outside tesco
    Posts
    12,987
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Add Glasgow_Stu on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by gowsa View Post
    remove connector on maf pull back plastic boot the yellow wire in there remove some of the plastic coating(do not cut wire)solder on a length of wire to it and attach to the alternator theer is a 13mm or half inch nut at the top of alternator so distance is around 200mm from maf to nut hope this helps


    OLD post m8...

    since then the guy has figured out the fix ( ) and made a how too

    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=254138
    The coupe...ITS ALIVE & back from the dead....again!
    The internet: where everybody knows everything about **** all.

    become a paid member:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/payments.php



Similar Threads

  1. **Member How-to** X18XE1 cutting out EARTH MOD
    By Glasgow_Stu in forum Members How-To's
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-11-2013, 14:54
  2. x18xe1 earth mod question
    By mattyh87 in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-06-2011, 19:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •