Thread: astra mk4 1.7td low blow engine

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra mk4 1.7td low blow engine

first things first hello and i am all new to this so bare with me but any help would be awsome !!! . i have a astra mk4 van witch has been a great bus till the other day it over revved and threw the biggest cloud of smoke out the back and went pop the cloud was bigger than this ash cloud lol . its a basic 1.7 dt low blow engine , anyway really stuck for a replacement engine now but been offered a 1.7 td low blow engine out of a mk3 astra van will this fit or is it not worth the effort it all looks the same but you guys are the boss at these things any knowing my look be miles different any help would be a big big help

thanks again regards stuart

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hi there and welcome to the forum,

sorry to hear about that - sent you a PM with some thoughts. No doubt others will comment

Cheers, Paul

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    arr right , no the engine wouldnt turn off even with the key out you could here a lot of metal on metal and the turbo going pop so i need a comp unit asap lol a lot of places selling bare blocks or no turbo etc so works out mega £££££ i just need a full unit like yesterday cheers tho paul for the reply as this has saved me a lot of hair pulling and if any one knows were i could get one asap at a good £££ would be great in manchester area

i need a 1.7 td low blow engine out of a mk4 astra

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    bummer, I guess you already checked out eBay - I saw one for about 370 pounds and 50 pounds delivery then stopped looking - maybe others... if I spot one elsewhere I'll let you know...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I checked classified ads on several forums - but didn't spot another engine for you

maybe its more than you wanted to pay but I guess you could make an offer on the eBay one ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-MK4-DTL-...item414d873d3a

doesn't include pump, starter or alternator and its 50 pounds for 48 hour courier from Belfast.... would have thought there'd be another engine out there for you...

---------------

OK here's another - similarly no turbo, starter, pump alternator, 350 pounds (Shefield)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...item19bb761f52

and this one come with a "crap turbo" 300 pounds (Nottingham)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vauxhall-astra...item51914a64c1

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wicked cheers for that mate will look into it and see what i can sort would rather buy a comp engine but will have to see what happens thanks again

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    managed to get a 80000 mile engine , diesel pump and turbo for £300 all that he had taken off was the starter and alt and box , its a breakers near bolton good guy 07505129839 if you ever need any bits . took the old one out yesterday split the box and clutch starter loom etc droped new one into place on its mounts last night didnt think 4 hours either , just wireing and bits to do today didnt think that was bad going as i aint a mechanic lol let you know if it runs today later

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Well done mate, both on finding the engine and on the install.

And thanks also for the update - always good to hear how these things work out.

Cheers, Paul

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi i am new to this ? i have a vauxhall astra envoy 1.7 td v reg 2000 it seems to me the turbo on my car not kicking out that much power it sturggles to get up hills and slow's down alot and i have to change down the gears for it to just to get up the hill what could be the problem with my car ! was told be previous owner it only a low blow turbo or some think do not have a clue !! can some one help me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    They aren't very powerful engines. Not a lot you can do with the MK4 X17DTL other than the obvious full service, maybe have injectors serviced and have intake manifold cleaned. Sent you a PM in reply to yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast