Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vxr centree exhaust on coupe turbo

hi guys
    well if you saw my other post i am fitting a full vxr exhaust from an astra onto my coupe turbo. i have managed to get it on and all lined up on hangers. i fitted the downpipe first and then fitted the centre section and now the cat section last but it seems as though the centre section from the vxr is shorter, when i am trying to put in the car section its pulling the rear part froward to the extent that its noe touching on the heat shield on the rear of car just where it goes over the rear cross bar.
    what i am wondering is 1. has anyone else fitted one of these on the coupe and 2. does the section with the flexi pipe stretch (would need to be about an inch) , or 3 is there something i have done wrong such as fitting the downpipe wrong?, i suppose its not out of the question.
    if anyone has any ideas please let me know, even if its to say the best order putting it on.
    i have not got the back box on yet.
    cheers
    steve

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    same size different bore, vxr 2.5. zlet 2.25

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks andy,
    so maybe its just me doing something wrong with the fitting, but it does seem smaller in overall length. then again its pretty straight forward si dont know where i could be making a balls of it. ill be having another go at it tomorrow
    is there anyone whos put a full vxr exhaust on a coupe apart from the back box of course

thanks again for any help you can give

steve

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey mate ive just had the full scorpion 3" astra vxr exhaust (including backbox... modified to come out straight to the left rather than sit in the centre) put on my 888 coupe.. just on tuesday there

it moves around a tad near the back axle just like your problem.. but my exhaust mounts are pretty worn, so need to buy new ones and that should solve the problem.
    888 Coupe No: 33/100: Vxr Engine, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, Regal Inlet Cam, Hi-Flow Inlet Manifold, 1.9 CDTI Airbox, Dbilas Airscoop, Courts FMIC, Courts Fuel Pump, Forge Recirc, Full Polybushed (Front & Rear), 888Dan Droplinks, Whitline RARB, 888Dan Aircon Delete, Double Core Radiator, Carbon Fibre bonnet, Alcon 4 Pots, Yoko AD08 Tyres

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    undo the clamp on the turbo for the pre cat and you get about an inch travel (i found this out when i fitted my pre cat and my exhaust didnt line up propperly)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vxr cat vxr pre cat are the same as the astra g turbo but not sure on the center section.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is the VXR wheelbase the same length as a Coupe? Would the VXR exhaust not be too short anyway? Thought the backbox section would be shorter. Similar to the difference between an astra hatch g and astra coupe g?? Exhaust is the same up until the backbox but then you need a different backbox depending on the model etc!?!
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i was gonna say, i know of a astra g hatch with a full vxr exhaust on it with no problems, I can imagine on the coupe that the tailpipe end would need to be extended unless you want the "stealth" look lol