Thread: anybody help?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

anybody help?

anybody live local to wrexham area that own a mk4 astra gsi? the person who owned mine before me disconnected most of the vacuum pipes leading from the oe dumpvalve leading to the rear bcs.the setup thats on it now is just a baileys and id rather put the car back to standard,ive seen on here people taking the oe dumpvalve and using 3mm samco hose and connecting it into the fpr,but i found this to loose a lot of boost. wouldbe really greatful for anybody who could help.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    maybe the oe dumpvalve is knackered as it shouldnt loose boost

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its got the one way valve placed in disabling the oe dumpvalve

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Firstly, this is only my oppinion but, even if you are putting the car back to std have you read up about not connecting the rear bcs and vacuum box

people inc myself claim it enables the car to run better and it also means less chance of poor connection and air leaks

also worth mentioning, the OE recirc valve wont loose half as much pressure/boost as the baileys does.

you must have another air leak some where
    End of an era - She's gone to a good home

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    all the rear bcs is disconnected apart from the wire going into the bcs thats still there. the pipe runs from the oe dumpvalve into a t piece connected to the fpr but there is a one way valve connected so itake it thats stopping that from working. i have noticed when i drive normally i can sorta heara sucking noise which by the sounds of it i think its the baileys. i have got the vxr turbo on but it only has the dy actuator,not the dz one andim not sure if thats been playd about with ?? how many threds should be showing?? in first i get overboost 0.8 but then drops to 0.6 is this normal??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to set up your actuator, wind the nut all the way down and then set the arm up so there are 4 threads showing, the factory position on the vxr actuator is far too high when on a LET engine.

BAILEYS are a nightmare on z20let engines, the older they get the more they leak if its never been cleaned you will see oil stains on and around it

best thing to do is remove the baileys and the one way valve and get the oe diaphram back in use, if your diaphram has split replace it with a diverter valve (there not cheap but are a very good upgrade)

I cant quote any boost figures for std cos i am running phase 3 now

but the boost on a normal map should be the same regardless of the turbo that is being used, the boost the engine requires is controlled by the front bcs

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers forthe info i will have a look at it tomorrow and try to c if i canget a replacment hard pipe with out the baileys.the actuator was set upto about 6-7 threads so wouldthat cause it problems?

Quote Originally Posted by m5dkw82 View Post
    to set up your actuator, wind the nut all the way down and then set the arm up so there are 4 threads showing, the factory position on the vxr actuator is far too high when on a LET engine.

BAILEYS are a nightmare on z20let engines, the older they get the more they leak if its never been cleaned you will see oil stains on and around it

best thing to do is remove the baileys and the one way valve and get the oe diaphram back in use, if your diaphram has split replace it with a diverter valve (there not cheap but are a very good upgrade)

I cant quote any boost figures for std cos i am running phase 3 now

but the boost on a normal map should be the same regardless of the turbo that is being used, the boost the engine requires is controlled by the front bcs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dan_1989 View Post
    cheers forthe info i will have a look at it tomorrow and try to c if i canget a replacment hard pipe with out the baileys.the actuator was set upto about 6-7 threads so wouldthat cause it problems?
    its abit further than it should be.