Thread: Kenwood Canbus Multistalk Adaptor Problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Kenwood Canbus Multistalk Adaptor Problem

I am replacing a CD30 infotainment unit with a Kenwood KDC BT6044 head unit on a 2006 Astra SRi 1.8 . I have an Autoleads 099-X80 Canbus adaptor and the KEN accessory plug-in which I was led to believe was purely a 'plug'n'play' installation. However, the plug-in has a din plug (for multi-cd units?) and also 3 wires (yellow, white, red) coming out of it to a 10-pin male plug. As the unit works, but not from the steering wheel, I am assuming that something needs connecting to these 3 wires, although there is nothing available for it to connect to. I am also assuming that as the connector is male it is looking for input from somewhere to operate. Any suggestions please before I start fiddling and blow the thing up?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    According to the Kenwood website you need their CAW-CANUN1 remote interface box & CAW-CCANOP1 steering wheel remote interface cable.
    http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk...alk_list/#opel
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that. Much appreciated. However, as first choice I'd rather get the Audioleads unit working rather than throw more money at it as it is supposed to be a 'universal' unit? If I can't get an answer by next weekend guess it's another trip to Halfords! Cheers

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

The kenwood patch lead part of the autoleads adaptor will have the din lead and also a remote lead that connects to the yellow/blue wire of your kenwood headunit
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The only wires it has coming out of it are the three coloured wires, red yellow and white going to a 10-pin socket and the mini-din plug. Do you think they may have supplied the wrong patch lead? The fact that it's supposed to be 'plug and play' is a bit disconcerting. This can't be a common query as I can't find any references to such a problem anywhere else. Does anyone have a pic of what the Kenwood patch should look like? Thanks very much for your interest and attempts to supply information or a solution.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    No instructions with it? The wires may be for handbrake, speed pulse etc. I have the standard autoleads kenwood patch lead here that plugs into your adaptor but it's a 12 way connector on the output side and on the input side there's a 10 way and a 2 way connector all of which plug into the harness
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Here we go, both kenwood leads together. The DIN one and the one I have here, I believe both should come in the box

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right! Now actually that was what I was more expecting, leads that feed back into the box in different configurations, depending on the head unit connections, rather than something which connected to a non-existent additional connector. I would think it would be sufficient to cross-connect the correct contacts to each other? Seems to be the best hope I have, anyway. That's brilliant - thanks for taking the time and effort - it really is appreciated!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    If everything else is connected up on the other side of the box then yes you could make that part of the lead up yourself

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great! Got it sorted - thanks so much for all your help!. Stripped off the din wire and found that the cross-connections were actually made under the shrink sleeve, but the 'remote' wire was wired into the din plug. I've now liberated it and wired it direct to the HU and it works fine! This is a fab site. Next projects are start button and internal lighting with El wire - LEDs need too much power calculation! Thanks again guys!