Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.7 CDTI `04 Boost pressure please help......

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.7 CDTI `04 Boost pressure please help......

Hi im new to the site as i just bought a 2004 1.7 CDTI Astra, done 600 mile in first week without realising it had a fault (doh). EML came on at around 85mph on motorway so i had it plugged in (£53 !!!) and the mechanic said over pressure was the fault related to the turbo, not releasing pressure i think he said. Anyway he reset the fault so light went off but warned it would prolly come back on when engine was under pressure.
    Yesterday it seemed to limit itself to 3500 revs for a while but on way home it seemed better but again at around 85mph the EML came on.
    I have read loads of threads on here and took it in today for the sensors cleaning to see if it was that. Alas no joy light came on again around 85mph and incidently it seems to smoke a bit more than it should when revved up (parked).
    It has 82k on clock and a FSH i have just fully serviced it and changed the cambelt. Im well happy with it apart from this fault which is doing my head in.
    I would really appreciate any help or advice on this, Anyone had the same issue and sorted it now?? I tried the pedal test to post the code but didnt seem to work????
    Not sure if to take it to the tuners who put it on computer to diagnose it or go to the Vauxhall dealer.

Please Please help......Cheers

Incidently im in the Burnley area if there are any mechanics locally

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't go paying to have the codes read.. do the pedal test.

To do the pedal test, use the following instructions

• Foot on the brake and the accellerator pedal
    • Key into the ignition and turn to position 2 (dash lights up but do not start the engine)
    • any stored error codes will be displayed as ECN Numbers in the tacho display.
    • Example: When the codes flash up they will show as ECN 112252.

post back with the error codes.

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    dont take my word for it but im putting money on it been a nackard turbo

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate thanks for replying but as i posted the pedal test doesnt seem to workon mine. Ive tried it several more times but nothing. The diagnostic test showed over boost pressure.
    After a day or so the EML goes out until i hit about 85mph again.

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    if you switch your ignition off and back on does the light not go out?

313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No mate, it stays on permantly for a day or so then all of a sudden i start car and its off till i hit bout 85mph.
    Its really not that bad to run most times i cant even notice a problem although i dont race about. Still reckon im getting 50+ mpg. Just the soot it blows out when revving (still) or putting foot down to accelerate up an hill cant be right. With it being new to me i want it right and will probably love it more when its fixed.
    Just dont wanna rack hundreds of pounds of bills at dealers till they suss it out.

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    still sounds like turbo to me as my old estate had simular faults and the turbo was replaced and cured it.

Glad mine was done through warrantee tho as the turbo is about £700 i believe but dont quoate me on that

313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Although slightly different as to when the EML light came on, I had a boost pressure problem and it turned out to be the vacuum line was catching on a pulley and had made a hole. Can't do any harm to check to see if that's your problem.

Has this happened after you had the cambelt changed? Just wondering because mine did.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought the car 2 week ago, test drove it round town for about an hour with seller.Everything seemed sweet.Thought bit of sooty smoke was just diesel engine. It wasnt until on motorway on way home light came on so must have had fault when i bought it. Computer said over boost power on turbo or something of the like, although EML had gone off and guy got it from memory.He also said it was the only fault in the system memory and everything else is fine. I ran it for a week not noticing any obvious lack of power until Saturday when on a run it wouldnt rev over 3500rpm (No light on though yet and still comfortably doing 70mph) On the way home i get to about 80/85mph and light comes on(again no major drop in power)although obv i didnt push it with EML on.
    So fault was there before i serviced it and did belt and tensioners.

Ive seen a turbocharger for £130 so im tempted to just buy it and try it can always sell it if dosent solve my prob.

Status
    South Wales RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check all the vaccum pipes to the turbo/egr valve etc, seen a few in work with chaffed pipes.....
    Maybe worthwhile also cleaning out the egr valve,as they tend to clog up....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast