Thread: Cruise control...temp related??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Cruise control...temp related??

Tried to use my cruise control this morning and it wouldn't work. Noted that outside temp was 3deg or less as my warning symbol came on. Once the temp was above 3-4 deg it seemed to work. Coinidence or is that normal??

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Coinidence IMO
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was this the first time today that you'd used it because if it had been on previously then you need to press the brake pedal before it will reactivate again...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you have your foot resting on the clutch pedal?, this slight pressure can be enough to stop the cruise control activating.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    plus were you doing more than 30mph when you originally tried as it doesnt activate until that speed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Was the first time I'd used it that day. No foot on clutch, doing 60. Hopefully just a coincidence! Even tried waggling the stalk as sometimes they are known to come slightly loose. Will have to wait (maybe a long time now) for the next 3deg or less morning and have a go then.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im having a bit of a nightmare with mine atm. its programmed onto the ecu just wont work. showing a brake sensor fault so we replaced it and its still showing the fault. turns out its the abs control unit. expensive. as for the activation speed i think its 18mph. whenever the seatbelt light comes on is when the cruise control can be used.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a weird problem with mine in France, after a while of using it and stopping for a rest, it would not work after restarting the journey and need the car to be stopped, engine off, locked, unlocked and go again and it would work. It did this three times in total but only after a run of about 250 - 300 miles?! Anyone else experienced this?
    Astra TwinTop 1.9CDTi | CRD2 |
    VXMMI

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In reply to the opening thread, went to work at 5am yesterday morning, outside temp 1 deg C, cruise control activated no problem, so do not belive it is linked to outside temp.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Guys i'm very sure this was posted a few days ago, the answer is basically, the most likely reason your CC doesn't activate is nothing to do with outside temp, or taking a break in between during a journey etc, it's because you have to have used the brake at least once prior to activation, this is a safety mechanism and is quite normal. I'll admit it took me a couple of times to realise that this was why my CC was not activating as well, but I've tested this and it's definitely the case. Test it yourself if possible, find a quiet road, start her up, make sure you have pressed the brake peddle once you've started her, try activating CC, it won't work, tap the brake once, try again and VOILA!!