Thread: I now have my new mk6.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thumbs Up I now have my new mk6.

I ordered my new mk6 the first week in january.I picked it up monday the 12th april.Its a 1.6 SE auto in sovereign silver.I know black is the in colour,my last car was black,it was hard to keep clean.My last astra was a design 1.8 auto in star silver.But my new car makes the mk5 look like an austin 1100.Never seen so many buttons and controls.The boot is smaller even with the adjustable floor.Rear passenger leg room is not great,but i dont carry many passengers so not a real problem.Had parking sensors front and rear fitted,cost me £375.Wish i had the bluetooth phone application fitted.But i have bluetooth on my navman satnav.I brought a set of car mats on ebay for £24.I then looked at the vauxhall accessories.It said there are mats for the automatic and the manual.So i then ordered mats for my automatic.They cost me £45.When i got them there was a astra logo and no heel pad,i compared them,And guess what there is no bloody difference in size or shape.So bought the official mats for nothing.And the cheappmats are better quality.But the car is greatmi like driving at night,the interior lights are great.The car drives great,i dont want to put my foot down at all.It feels really classy.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad you're happy wit it mate. Black is a PITA to keep clean and shows all the blemishes. I like the look of the Silver Lake, but I ordered Iceberg Blue for mine.

Glad to hear the £24 mats off the bay with the heel pad are good. Do they have the locating bit on them to clip them into the floor aswell? I was looking at them for when I get my J.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes they do have the locating holes.I like the ice blue colour nearly ordered that colour myself.I might get the rear bumper protection film.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate. Will have to get myself a set of them then, unless I can convice the dealer to chuck them in

Protection film? Why not just wax it?
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring