Thread: Re-Spray

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re-Spray

Hey guys ive decided to hell with it gonna re do my car again from standard. Will start with the basics anyone know roughly the cost of a full respay for a mark 4 astra 3 door prestige blue? I know the car probally isnt worth the resparay but its priceless in my eyes. Thanks
    SRi-T Bio HERE
    SRi-T Feedback HERE

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Around the 2 Grand mark for a good job dude! You don't want to end up with the 'orange peel' effect. See if you can get some recommendations or see a bodyshops previous work, you don't want to spend all that money for a shit job!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    reallly that much was expecting more around the 1200 mark but like you said get what you pay for any recommendations is the suffolk area ppl??
    SRi-T Bio HERE
    SRi-T Feedback HERE

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to be honest with a resray u get what you pay for. if you get a 2k job it will be pretty good or you could spend a 1k and it not be great depends what you want realy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well respected, small, indy bodyshop round here would do it for £800 (I've already asked and mine is Z20Q too )

I reckon you could get a decent job for £1200

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats more like it thanks for all the help
    SRi-T Bio HERE
    SRi-T Feedback HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBee View Post
    well respected, small, indy bodyshop round here would do it for £800 (I've already asked and mine is Z20Q too )

I reckon you could get a decent job for £1200
    Are you doing the prep work and supplying the paint ? because for £800 your not going to get a lot ,especially when you take into account cost of materials paint etc and then hourly labor which to do a quality job you are talking a weeks work ,then they have lighting the booth ventilation and the low bake oven which is going to take a good bit of electric ,
    So if you look at all of that what are you going to get for your money
    now you can see why it's 2.5 grand upwards for a quality paint job

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil w View Post
    Are you doing the prep work and supplying the paint ? because for £800 your not going to get a lot ,especially when you take into account cost of materials paint etc and then hourly labor which to do a quality job you are talking a weeks work ,then they have lighting the booth ventilation and the low bake oven which is going to take a good bit of electric ,
    No, he does the prep work. I don't know how much he strips back. I didn't go that far into it. I only asked for a general quote while I asking for some bits to be done. No prep by me, £800-900 and he was going to respray my original colour, shuts and all. He does do top quality work and is well respected. Mine isn't in a particularly bad state anyway but just saying what I was quoted.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil w View Post
    Well said, I would never expect to pay less then £2000 for a full respray. But then again I would do it myself then pay some one like me to do it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBee View Post
    No, he does the prep work. I don't know how much he strips back. I didn't go that far into it. I only asked for a general quote while I asking for some bits to be done. No prep by me, £800-900 and he was going to respray my original colour, shuts and all. He does do top quality work and is well respected. Mine isn't in a particularly bad state anyway but just saying what I was quoted.
    If thats the case mate I'd get in there quick and get it done while the quote is still good , because you're not likely to get many offers like that for quality work , or he is just going to give the car £800 - £900 worth in my experience is a quick blow over minimum prep and very little paint

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast