Thread: CDTi 150 - Rubbish Mileage?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CDTi 150 - Rubbish Mileage?

Just spent the weekend away with the better half, done about 160 miles and according to the trip computer I averaged 43.4 mpg. The trip up was mostly m'way/A-roads so about *ahem* 80-85mph (41.3mpg) Second half I really nursed it down the road and it read 43.4mpg when I got back. Not a total disaster, but theres no way I could take it easier without having a nervous breakdown.

I'm used to seeing 32-35mpg when driving around town and giving it a bit. I've only had the car a few weeks so I'm gonna get it serviced and hopefully I'll see a bit of an improvement...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats what im roughly getting, get around 36-37 normal driving (with a bit of a heavy foot) and motorway driving around 50ish!
    http://uk.movember.com/mospace/3132765
    Please Donate Generously

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My CDTi 120 gets 42mpg on a pretty bad run, 55mpg+ on a really careful run, so yours doesn't sound that great, but it is hard to say really as I don't know how you drive.
    2006 Astra 1.9CDTi SRi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    look at my post partyh only a few days ago and see if you have the same symptoms as me

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I could live with 35ish if I was getting anywhere near 50 on motorways. Iv been giving it a bit of poke, but 100 miles for £20, in a diesel?? Im not that heavy-footed.Gear 1052000, it sounds like iv similar issues as urself.

Checked the service history and its been stamped once, and the cars an '05 so its well overdue a service (It was a wags car b4 i got it, hence the lack of care) I dont buy that some diesels are just bad runners and dont deliver good economy. Hopefully a service will pull it together again.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like it needs a good service m8, i have the sri 150 and averaging 40+mpg arond town and some duals every day driving, on motorways doing a steady 70mph its up round the high 50's mpg and mid to low 50mpg when doing about 80-85mph

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah agree with sean sri a good service, and clean your egr valve while your at it and you'll defo see an improvement with your mpg..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i have give the car a full service and cleaned the egr valve and i cant get it past 36mpg so 350 miles out of a full tank and thats still with never turning the sport button on and driving like a granny all the time not going past 2k revs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raffy 123 View Post
    yeah agree with sean sri a good service, and clean your egr valve while your at it and you'll defo see an improvement with your mpg..

I agree with that. I'm doing 70 miles per day on A roads and getting anything from 50 - 60mpg depending on driving style. Unless it is an 888 or remapped by using the sport button, switching on will not affect the economy. All it does is 'shorten' the throttle distance thus giving quicker throttle response. It does not give any extra power.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gear that doesnt sound great mate, u got plans to bin it? Thats petrol mpg with the drawbacks of driving a diesel.

Cars booked in for a service on monday so I'll let u know how I get on. Hopefully it improves because I do really like the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast