Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Depo Angel eye wiring diagram / Level Adjusters / HID wiring fitment

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Depo Angel eye wiring diagram / Level Adjusters / HID wiring fitment

I know these questions have probably been asked loads of times, but I've just spent 20 minutes looking through the first 9 pages of the search results and I haven't been able to fully answer all of my questions so here goes:

1) Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the Depo lights? As I've brought a set second hand and they didn't come with any instructions. From what I remember there are 4 connectors coming out of the unit (one set of wires is yellow and black one is green and black and so)

I know I could just swap the plugs over from the original lights and see which ones come one, but I would prefer an actual wiring diagram.

2) Do you need to swap the headlight level adjusters over from the original lights? If anyone has got a picture too that would be great, as I couldn't see where they attached to the new units if required.

3) When fitting HID's do you need to put a hole through the back of the rubber cover to feed the wires through or can they be brought through some where else? As I am concerned about them steaming up with a hole through the rubber cover.

4) I have read that you "need to ditch the FK rubber gaskets round the headlights as they are utter shit and use OE ones" Is that the rubber gasket for the headlight bulb or the cover over the back of the light units?

Thanks in advance

Mark
    Polar Sea Blue MK4 Astra 5 Door

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to be a pain with this guys.

I think some of the questions in here would be good for an Angel eye how to along with the LEDs for the halo's etc... as there are literally pages and pages on this topic.

Cheers

Mark

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any help would be fab

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Mark I don;t remember there being any instructions when I got my brand new FK's and I got the headlights and main beam wrong first time on one side. TBH this is the only mistake you can make as every other connection is different;

Indicator will only plug into the indicator plug

Same goes for the side light

You'll have 2 connectors the same, one of which will have a white wire and one will have a yellow, just match these up to the 2 same connectors on the car by the wire colours also

The adjuster doesn't need to be swapped over but is easy enough to do. At the bottom on the light you'll see a piece of plastic you can turn 90 degrees and then hook out, your adjuster will just replace this. You can see it inbetween the two rubber covers in this pic (the grey lump)

I took my HID wires out the bottom of a ruber cover, using insulating tape to hold them down and then slotted the rubber cover over the top so I didn't cut it at all

I never had a problem with the rubber with any of the rubber gaskets on my lights
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where abouts are the horizontal and vertical adjusters for the beam pattern?
    1999 Vauxhall astra G 1.6 16v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i cut a hole in the rubber cover and fed the wires through. probably not conventional but its worked!!
    Op-Com (Derby), Can travel at extra cost, PM me for details or click HERE

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mk4rob View Post
    where abouts are the horizontal and vertical adjusters for the beam pattern?
    I believe the white adjuster in the pic is up and down with the one between the two rubber caps is left and right
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks again for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post

You'll have 2 connectors the same, one of which will have a white wire and one will have a yellow, just match these up to the 2 same connectors on the car by the wire colours also
    Are those for the headlight and main beam? If so won't you only be using one for main beam, as the HID wires are fed through separately?

Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post

The adjuster doesn't need to be swapped over but is easy enough to do. At the bottom on the light you'll see a piece of plastic you can turn 90 degrees and then hook out, your adjuster will just replace this. You can see it inbetween the two rubber covers in this pic (the grey lump)

How would they be adjusted otherwise? By screw driver or similar?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb View Post

Are those for the headlight and main beam? If so won't you only be using one for main beam, as the HID wires are fed through separately?
    Yeah good point, white wires are main beam then

How would they be adjusted otherwise? By screw driver or similar?
    Screwdriver will adjust them the once, obviously the motor will just give you the internal electronic adjustment back

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OMG what a pain to fit LED's! I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but the standard wiring is awful. I ended up re-soldering 2 connectors as the wires fell out of them as I was refitting them. Anyway they look good now. Just need to get round to fitting them with the HID's etc...

Thanks for you help again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast